Thread poster: Mafalda d'Orey de Faria
Mafalda d'Orey de Faria  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 12, 2007

Dear Colleagues in Poland,
I will be visiting Poland by the end of July and have received different informations regarding train timetable from Warsaw to Praha. (I would like to travel during the afternoon).

Would any of you be so kind and check it for me? Could you also ask if I can/how to book and buy the tickets beforehand?
Thanks in advance,

Mafalda

Direct link Reply with quote

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:56
English to Italian
Yes Jun 12, 2007

Yes, there is a direct train from Warsaw to Prague, train number 200 that leaves from Warsaw central station at 9.35 pm and arrives in Prague Hlavni Nadr the next morning at 7.05 am. It's a 9.30 hrs train trip.

Being a night train I would recommend making reservations.

Magdalena Psiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:56
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Mafalda, Jun 12, 2007

I don't think it is possible to book train tickets vie Internet earlier, unfortunately (uless Polish Rail has introduced some new form of booking I don't know about), but you can buy tickets earlier at teh train station once you arrive in Poland.

And you can check the timetable at http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

maciejm  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Booking/buying train tickets on-line Jun 12, 2007

Yes, you can book and buy train tickets on-line.
Please try the following:

https://bilet.intercity.pl/irez/

or

http://www.janustravel.pl/en/index.php?p=kolej

Hope that helps,
M

English to Italian
typo Jun 12, 2007

oops, sorry, it's actually train 203.
This train has a compulsory reservation of either couchettes or sleeping-cars (wagon lits), so yes, you must make reservations before getting on the train. Have you tried inquiring to a large travel agency in Portugal, just to see if they they can issue international train tickets?

Mafalda d'Orey de Faria  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
reservation through agency Jun 12, 2007

Liliana Roman-Hamilton wrote:

oops, sorry, it's actually train 203.
This train has a compulsory reservation of either couchettes or sleeping-cars (wagon lits), so yes, you must make reservations before getting on the train. Have you tried inquiring to a large travel agency in Portugal, just to see if they they can issue international train tickets?

Hi Liliana,
In fact I inquired at an important Travel Agency in Portugal and what made me post my question in the forum is that their agent in Warsaw says there is only one train that leaves Warsaw early morning. When browsing Polish train services's site I see there is one leaving Warsaw at 12.00 and arriving in Praha at around 20.30hrs. This is exactly what I needed. Therefore I needed confirmation, although I have already insisted at the Travel Agency to see what they get.
Neanwhile, thank you everyone. Mafalda

Magdalena Psiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks, Maciej, Jun 12, 2007

I didn't know about the possibility of buying tickets on-line in Poland. You learn sth new about your country every single day!

English to Italian
change of trains Jun 12, 2007

Mafalda d'Orey de Faria wrote:

When browsing Polish train services's site I see there is one leaving Warsaw at 12.00 and arriving in Praha at around 20.30hrs. This is exactly what I needed.

Neanwhile, thank you everyone. Mafalda

Yes, correct, although with the schedule you mentioned, you'll have to change trains in Ostrava. Both trains (Eurocity 105 from Warsaw Central Station to Ostrava and SuperCity 512 from Ostrava to Prague Holesovice) have a compulsory reservation.

Mustafa Fadhel
Local time: 07:56
Arabic to English
+ ...
just to know Jun 20, 2007

I was just loking at those comments.

my name is Mustafa. I always dream of living in Poland. can you tell me more about moving to Poland. I am an English Teacher in Dubai.
pleases.

maciejm wrote:

Yes, you can book and buy train tickets on-line.
Please try the following:

https://bilet.intercity.pl/irez/

or

http://www.janustravel.pl/en/index.php?p=kolej

Hope that helps,
M

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visiting Poland

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs