Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Off topic: "if only I had.." inventions yet not invented..
Thread poster: Francesca Battaglia

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 20:43
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 22, 2007

Is there, in this supermegatechnological world, an invention that you feel is still "uninvented"? Maybe something of help in your everyday life?

And..if you can't think of anything, is there an invention you wished to have invented??

As for me..i'd like to have an automatic car. You get in, fix your destination on the navigator and relax, waiting to arrive. no need to drive, no accidents risk (it will be superintelligent..)..

I d also like to have an instant veggie cleaner-cutter and an instant ironer..clothes being instantly ironed into the washing machine, and folded..uh!

An instant chef would be awesome: a fridge with the "cooking" option! you fix the menus for the week, press a button and at the selected time, your meal for the family is ready...

ah...........am i being dreamy or just..LAZY?

fra

[Modificato alle 2007-06-22 12:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:43
Member (2004)
English to French
A helmet that massages my skull Jun 22, 2007

Having my head massaged by my hairdresser at shampoo time made me want to have a special hat with little fingers sticking out on the inside to massage my head constantly.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:43
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
A lie detector custom-made for language professionals... Jun 22, 2007

... that would work preferably via email and phone and would beep every time the client tells a lie. That way I'd know what to expect when I hear things like:

* You will get paid in 30 days.
* The check is already in the mail.
* It's just some minor changes...
* I'll send you the files in 5 minutes, please don't go to lunch yet.

I could also use a meat/dairy-detector for vegans/vegetarians. Every time I go to the supermarket I end up spending hours reading all the ingredients of most products, like the vegetarian soup made with chicken stock

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
!!! Jun 22, 2007

Claudia Alvis wrote:
the vegetarian soup made with chicken stock

O_o no way...!!!

John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
A remote control for... Jun 22, 2007

I know there was a recent film that used the same idea, but I’ve said for years that I’d like to have a remote control that works on children.

If they’re arguing - no problem - just push the mute button!

Too much activity from them while you’re trying to work? Don’t worry! One press of the pause button and you'll have all the peace and quiet you need to get that pressing job done.

When chores need to be done around the home just press the fast forward. They’ll instantly be old enough to look after themselves, clean up, prepare their own meals, etc.

When they’re older and too cool to take a walk with Dad and Mom for an ice-cream, just snap the reverse/re-wind and they’re little and innocent again and Dad and Mom once again know everything and even get to have the last word!

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
Masking tape works just as well ... Jun 22, 2007

John Cutler wrote:

I know there was a recent film that used the same idea, but I’ve said for years that I’d like to have a remote control that works on children.

Just kidding

Oh, yes the "too cool" stage - that sounds familiar, strange how popular you suddenly become though when they need to borrow your bank card!

[Edited at 2007-06-22 15:00]

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's awesome!!! Jun 22, 2007

John Cutler wrote:

Too much activity from them while you’re trying to work? Don’t worry! One press of the pause button and you'll have all the peace and quiet you need to get that pressing job done.

When chores need to be done around the home just press the fast forward. They’ll instantly be old enough to look after themselves, clean up, prepare their own meals, etc.

When they’re older and too cool to take a walk with Dad and Mom for an ice-cream, just snap the reverse/re-wind and they’re little and innocent again and Dad and Mom once again know everything and even get to have the last word!

ahah, now that's really awesome! i wish i had it too! Don't have children but a baby borned in my condo and she cries night and day, non-stop..SINCE SHE'S BORN 2MONTHS AGO!!!

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:43
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
anti-spam Jun 22, 2007

I hope someone invents soon a method to eliminate spam email.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2007-06-22 15:33]

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 14:43
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Smoke recycler Jun 22, 2007

I'm something of a libertarian, preferring limited government interference in people's lives. On the other hand, I have asthma.

So I'd like a device that will collect smoke from the end of the cigarette and from smokers' exhalations and recycle it back through the smokers' noses and lungs. That way those who choose to smoke can keep it to themselves, and we're all happy.

[Edited at 2007-06-22 16:05]

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to Italian
a virtual maid Jun 22, 2007

...to do all the chores at home and while I go shopping or do whatever I want in my spare time! Totally programmable, multi-task, multi-function, extremely well behaved (she won't be nagging, screaming, mumbling, cursing, snapping, puffing, grunting). She'd just have to say "Yes" and do all the crappy work at home for me: cook, clean thouroughly the house, do the laundry, water the garden, peel the potatoes etc...

Maybe I need a genie in a bottle.

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
too sexy.. Jun 22, 2007

way too sexy, Lillian! Remember you have a husband around the house!

English to Italian
ehm... Jun 22, 2007

francesca battaglia wrote:

Remember you have a husband around the house!

That's why I need a virtual maid or a genie!

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:43
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
anti-spam pro Jun 22, 2007

gianfranco wrote:

I hope someone invents soon a method to eliminate spam email.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2007-06-22 15:33]

Gianfranco, you are too kind a soul: I would like a beefed-up version of your application: it would not only eliminate spam email, but trace it to the source, completely reformat the hard drive of the sending computer, burn all the electronics in their modems and LANs, kill every second pixel on their screens, access their bank accounts and anonymously transfer all their money to Doctors without borders.

English to Italian
yes Jun 22, 2007

I would like a beefed-up version of your application: it would not only eliminate spam email, but trace it to the source, completely reformat the hard drive of the sending computer, burn all the electronics in their modems and LANs, kill every second pixel on their screens, access their bank accounts and anonymously transfer all their money to Doctors without borders.

Totally agree with you.

Elisabetta M.  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I need it too... Jun 22, 2007

[quote]John Cutler wrote:

Now!!!!!

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"if only I had.." inventions yet not invented..

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs