Mobile menu

Off topic: Help with locating stores that sell books from BAC (Biblioteca de Autores Cristianos)
Thread poster: Marcelo Silveyra

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 20:12
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 25, 2007

Given that there must be at least one or two people interested in theology / medieval philosophy who speak Spanish around here...or better put, given that I hope there are, I wanted to see if anyone knew of an online store that sells BAC's edition of the Summa Theologica (Suma de Teología in BAC's version). I got the first volume from my brother as a gift, and as I am nearing the end of it, the other four volumes are becoming kind of urgent!
I already contacted the publishing house to see if they had any distributors in the U.S. or in Mty, Mexico (to which I go pretty often), but the closest they had was Mexico City and, well, I don't go there that often. So I figure that online shopping might be the way to go in this case.
Now, the problem, of course, is that online religious bookstores don't sell the Summa Theologica or similar stuff because it frankly wouldn't sell that well, so I haven't found a site that has volumes II, III, IV, and V available. Any tips or info (except for online versions of the book, since I still can't abandon hard copies) would be much appreciated!

(Yes, I know, it sounds pretentious to say that I'm reading the thing. I wish I could have avoided naming it altogether, but I've found many online stores that only sell other BAC books instead, so it kind of became a necessity - at the expense of sounding pretentious without meaning to.)

[Edited at 2007-06-25 08:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 00:12
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Write and ask them... Jun 25, 2007

http://www.bac-editorial.com/contacta.asp
Good luck!

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 20:12
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already did! Jun 25, 2007

Hi Fabio!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I actually did write them and I'm afraid they didn't have much information, save for their distributors in Mexico City. No luck with them having information about online distributors either.

Paula Manrique Huarte
Spain
Local time: 05:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
I know one Jun 25, 2007

Hi Marcelo,

I think I have the answer to your search. Please write me an email through Proz, I am not sure as of whether we can or not plug-in companies on the forums.

Regards,
Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with locating stores that sell books from BAC (Biblioteca de Autores Cristianos)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs