Dubravka Hrastovec
Dubravka Hrastovec  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 07:44
English to Croatian
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 8, 2007

A couple of days ago my travel agent offered me a very nice cruise trip from Italy to Spain (Malaga, Cadiz, as well as Alicante and Barcelona on our way back) and Portugal (Lisbon) at a very favourable price. Now I wonder what the weather is like in November in those regions. I've heard that heavy rain is more than likely in that time of the year, although my travel agent speaks only of 'occasional showers'. Well, considering such a low price… :-/
Any information from my Spanish and Por
... See more
A couple of days ago my travel agent offered me a very nice cruise trip from Italy to Spain (Malaga, Cadiz, as well as Alicante and Barcelona on our way back) and Portugal (Lisbon) at a very favourable price. Now I wonder what the weather is like in November in those regions. I've heard that heavy rain is more than likely in that time of the year, although my travel agent speaks only of 'occasional showers'. Well, considering such a low price… :-/
Any information from my Spanish and Portuguese colleagues is more than welcome.
Collapse

Elena Sánchez-Pinto Hodgson
Elena Sánchez-Pinto Hodgson  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Check this website Aug 8, 2007

Maybe this web site can help you:

www.wunderground.com (section Trip Planner)

[Editado a las 2007-08-08 14:47]

Deschant
Deschant
Local time: 06:44
Reply Aug 8, 2007

Hi Dubravka,

The weather in Spain can show important regional differences, however in the Eastern and Southern coast of Spain temperatures should be mild throughout the year (mind you, it might not be a very wise decision to pack only bikinis and shorts, but you aren't going to freeze). I'm not sure about the rain though. If you were to visit Northern Spain, you would most probably find rain, but I don't think that happens too often in Southern Spain.

Regards,
Ev
... See more
Hi Dubravka,

The weather in Spain can show important regional differences, however in the Eastern and Southern coast of Spain temperatures should be mild throughout the year (mind you, it might not be a very wise decision to pack only bikinis and shorts, but you aren't going to freeze). I'm not sure about the rain though. If you were to visit Northern Spain, you would most probably find rain, but I don't think that happens too often in Southern Spain.

Regards,
Eva
Collapse

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:44
Dutch to English
+ ...
Will give you a idea ... Aug 8, 2007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004170

... for Lisbon. The temperatures are a bit on the low side on these charts for summer, but the rainfall seems to be quite accurate.

But then again, these days, who knows?

Our December, for example, in Algarve in 2004 and 2006 was dry, in 2005 it didn't st
... See more
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004170

... for Lisbon. The temperatures are a bit on the low side on these charts for summer, but the rainfall seems to be quite accurate.

But then again, these days, who knows?

Our December, for example, in Algarve in 2004 and 2006 was dry, in 2005 it didn't stop raining. There is normally some rain in November and when it starts, it can go on for a few days. Not the best time for a cruise.
Collapse

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:44
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
See weather.com Aug 8, 2007

The web site of The Weather Channel lets you look up average monthly temperatures for almost any location in the world.

Dubravka Hrastovec
Dubravka Hrastovec  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks Aug 8, 2007

Thanks to all of you. I've received a couple of e-mail messages from Portugal-based translators, who think that the weather might still be fine for a cruise in mid-November. I'm not afraid of slightly lower air temperatures so I think it's worth trying!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weather in Spain and Portugal in November

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »