Mobile menu

Off topic: anyone wants to exchange (sell) used John Grisham books? (English)
Thread poster: veratek

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 22:29
French to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2007

Hello, does anyone have used J Grisham books they want to exchange or sell?

They are selling for almost nothing in the US (via the Internet), but to ship them to France (where I am) hikes up the price and takes awhile. I'm searching for the following:

The Last Juror - John Grisham; Poche

The Rainmaker - John Grisham; Poche

A Time to Kill - John Grisham; Poche

The King of Torts - John Grisham; Poche

The Chamber - John Grisham; Poche

Thanks!

Vera

Direct link Reply with quote

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:29
French to English
+ ...
Any cheaper from the UK? Aug 10, 2007

Hi Vera,

I have paperback copies of "The Rainmaker" and "The Street Lawyer", which you can have if they're any use to you. The only problem would be that I don't know whether it would be much cheaper to post them from the UK?

If you can't find them closer to hand, let me know.

Claire

veratek
Brazil
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
shipping costs Aug 10, 2007

Hi Claire,

I'm interested in both.

I did an estimate of the mailing cost thru the Royal Mail site:

Your pricing results for a delivery to France weighing 800.0 gram are...

Surface Mail Small Packets

Service Delivery Tracking Price
Surface Mail 14 Days No £4.42
Small Packets

That suits me!

Do you have PayPal? Pls email me at veratek1@gmail.com so we can make arrangements.

Thank you!

Sian Edwards  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:29
German to English
Book swap sites Aug 10, 2007

You could maybe join a book swap site and then you'd only need to pay postage, and you can get rid of your old, unwanted books at the same time. The following are two examples, both international, but with a strong US contingent.

www.bookmooch.com
www.bookcrossing.com - not primarily a book swap site, but book swapping is part of the fun. My personal favourite.

Jalapeno
Local time: 03:29
English to German
Amazon? Aug 10, 2007

Why not try amazon.fr? They have an equivalent to Marketplace, i.e. people sell their used books via amazon. The cheapest copy of "The Last Juror" currently available is EUR 0.88. Postage should be around EUR 2 or so.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/044024157X/ref=sr_1_olp_1/403-8632414-2176401?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1186753114&sr=8-1

veratek
Brazil
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new to me Aug 10, 2007

Thanks Sian, I didn't even know such sites existed!!

veratek
Brazil
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
question about amazon shipping Aug 10, 2007

Hello Jalapeno - what do you make of this:

Vendeur : usedbooks123-fr
Evaluation :81% d'avis positifs sur les 1540 évaluations de ces 12 derniers mois. 2270 évaluations en tout.

Information sur la livraison: En stock. Expédié depuis France Expédition à l'international disponible Voir frais d'expédition

Commentaires : Book in very good shape. **Transporté des Etats-Unis, peut prendre 4-21 jours ouvrables. Tous les paquets sont embarqués par poste aérienne.** ( « moins )

frais d'expédition
Livraisons en France 2,99
Livraisons aux États-Unis 10,99

I was confused because they say the book is transporté des Etats-Unis et expédié depuis France - so I only pay the "2,99 livraisons en France" frais? therefore it's considered to be shipped locally from France?

Vera

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
English to Italian
Bookmooch or paperbackswap Aug 10, 2007

Vera,

Bookmooch is my personal favourite, the community and inventory are huge and there are a lot of people mailing books overseas. What you need to do is sign on (it's free), list the books that you don't need anymore and that you are willing to give away and with the points accrued in this way you can order (or "mooch") other books. You can search the titles that you want. If you order from someone abroad, 3 points are deducted, but if you find someone in France who has the copy and you mooch it, it only takes 1 point. It's a fair exchange and the people sending the books must pay the mailing expenses, not you.
It's a great website.

http://www.bookmooch.com/about/overview
http://www.bookmooch.com/about/points

Paperbackswap.com is mainly within the US.

[Edited at 2007-08-10 15:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

anyone wants to exchange (sell) used John Grisham books? (English)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs