Off topic: some serious language training!
Thread poster: Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 08:37
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 8, 2007

I guess this is the new frontier of the language training..hmm!

I am charmed.

And yet a little scared..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2GY8C_2sY

Lotte Scott
Lotte Scott  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:37
Dutch to English
+ ...
Tears! Sep 8, 2007

This is hilarious!!! It has been a long time since I've laughed so much...

Little scary though.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:37
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Hahahahahahaha! Sep 8, 2007

Don't miss "Engrish #2 and #3!

Totemo kawaiii desu ne? Cute, cute, cute!!

Actually not a bad way to learn a language...those little musical phrases certainly stick in your mind!

Amy

Maya Gorgoshidze
Maya Gorgoshidze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 11:37
Member (2004)
English to Georgian
+ ...

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Sep 9, 2007

Thank you, Francesca, for pointing at this very useful engrish material))))))))))))))))))))))))
The overage rating is 4 stars!!!!!!!!!

Maya

Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 16:37
English to Japanese
Freeze! Sep 9, 2007

Thanks Francesca, I enjoyed the part of Japanese "eikaiwa (English-speaking)" TV program….;-)

Well, let me give you one funny "true" story. When I was in New York many years ago, I was talking with one of my Japanese coworkers.

Coworker A: "Hey listen, when a Japanese guy got into a bank yesterday..., his bank was robbed in broad daylight!"
Nobuo: "My God!"
Coworker A: "The bank robbery threatened him at gun-point, "Freeeeeeze!"
Nobuo: "And....?"... See more
Thanks Francesca, I enjoyed the part of Japanese "eikaiwa (English-speaking)" TV program….;-)

Well, let me give you one funny "true" story. When I was in New York many years ago, I was talking with one of my Japanese coworkers.

Coworker A: "Hey listen, when a Japanese guy got into a bank yesterday..., his bank was robbed in broad daylight!"
Nobuo: "My God!"
Coworker A: "The bank robbery threatened him at gun-point, "Freeeeeeze!"
Nobuo: "And....?"
Coworker A: The guy did not understand what the robbery said so he asked, "I beg your pardon?"
…………
As average Japanese people had poor ability of listening so I knew my coworker's story was fact.
Collapse

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 08:37
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ahahah Sep 9, 2007

Thanks everybody, so happy you enjoyed it! I had that little music repeating "spare my life" or "take anything you want" buzzing in my head for the whole night..haha

Now I want to learn Japanese, I actually watched about 10 youtube videos to learn some basic phrases and now I want to buy a videobook to go further Any good suggestion?

To NOBU:
there's another video of this Japanese guy trying to sp
... See more
Thanks everybody, so happy you enjoyed it! I had that little music repeating "spare my life" or "take anything you want" buzzing in my head for the whole night..haha

Now I want to learn Japanese, I actually watched about 10 youtube videos to learn some basic phrases and now I want to buy a videobook to go further Any good suggestion?

To NOBU:
there's another video of this Japanese guy trying to speak or read English and this class who is watching this tape and everytime someone busrt out laughing, he was caught and hit with this big bat..It must be a sort of comic program, right? Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEDoL_PFg6U
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

some serious language training!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »