Off topic: Granny & airbag
Thread poster: Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
English to Italian
Sep 17, 2007

Hi ya all

Probably some of you have seen this already, but I've just stumbled across this video and I think it's simply hilarious, I chuckle every time I watch it.

Here's the story: there's this little old granny who's waiting to cross the street and eventually she falls asleep only to be suddenly awakened by this moron in a big car who honks at her waking her up, and....
... See more
Hi ya all

Probably some of you have seen this already, but I've just stumbled across this video and I think it's simply hilarious, I chuckle every time I watch it.

Here's the story: there's this little old granny who's waiting to cross the street and eventually she falls asleep only to be suddenly awakened by this moron in a big car who honks at her waking her up, and....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ogrMr4lWc

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-18 20:29]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:08
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Thanks Sep 18, 2007

Very nice!

Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Local time: 21:08
English to Italian
Gosh! Sep 18, 2007

I'm still laughing...

Way to go granny!

[Modificato alle 2007-09-18 08:57]

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Very funny Sep 18, 2007

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
Unphased granny Sep 18, 2007

Love how she just wacks the car and then continues at her own pace - oblivious to what's going on in the car. She doesn't even crack a self-satisfied-don't-mess-with-me smirk.
Priceless

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
who knows... Sep 18, 2007

I'm curious to know what happened after the video ended. The guy was about to get out of his car, not happy at all, while granny was still crossing the street.

Who knows if he went to her saying "Excuse me, do you see what you just did to my car?". I bet she would have continued on her way, oblivious, or wacked him in the groin with her purse! Way to go Granny.

I think that if he even thought of suing her for the damage, the video clearly shows that he was simp
... See more
I'm curious to know what happened after the video ended. The guy was about to get out of his car, not happy at all, while granny was still crossing the street.

Who knows if he went to her saying "Excuse me, do you see what you just did to my car?". I bet she would have continued on her way, oblivious, or wacked him in the groin with her purse! Way to go Granny.

I think that if he even thought of suing her for the damage, the video clearly shows that he was simply a jackass, for she was crossing on the pedestrian lines. So he wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Ghghghghghg! Sep 18, 2007

Hilarious indeed Especially if you think that re-charging an airbag costs about 1000 $.... well done, granny! And thank you Liliana for the gem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Granny & airbag

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »