Mobile menu

Off topic: For those who have extra time to read...
Thread poster: Jessica M

Jessica M  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
Spanish to English
Sep 21, 2007

I just joined Shelfari to connect with other book lovers. Come see the books I love and see if we have any in common. Then pick my next book so I can keep on reading.

If you click on the link above, we will be instant "friends" on this site. It's GREAT, and there are groups for linguistics, books in other languages, etc.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:29
Partial member
+ ...
Just joined Sep 21, 2007

Thanks Jessica, I just joined. It seems like a really neat idea, like but for books.

Edit: Here's my link

[Edited at 2007-09-21 17:33]

Jessica M  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
yeah! Sep 21, 2007

I really like it. And it will help me keep track of what I'm reading and what I want to read and what I liked and disliked about every single book.

So good.

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:29
English to Italian
a couple of other sites Sep 21, 2007

Personally, I am a huge fan of Bookmooch ( ). It's a great site where people can exchange books for free, you just pay the shipping (see more info here: )

It's also connected with LibraryThing ( ) where you can list the books that you have and find other people who share common interests and tastes.

I'm in too Sep 21, 2007

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Local time: 10:29
French to English
+ ...
100% free site Sep 28, 2007
This site is the same but absolutely free; there's no postage costs either - you just leave books out in the open for people to find! Check it out...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For those who have extra time to read...

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs