Thread poster: Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 15, 2003

Hi, everybody. I received this quotation in today\'s World Wide Words newsletter:

\"Words can have no single fixed meaning. Like wayward electrons, they can spin away from their initial orbit and enter a wider

magnetic field. No one owns them or has a proprietary right to dictate how they will be used.\"

David Lehman; quoted in the \"Cassell Dictionary of Contemporary Quotations\" (1996)]

Isn\'t it a wonderful com
... See more
Hi, everybody. I received this quotation in today\'s World Wide Words newsletter:

\"Words can have no single fixed meaning. Like wayward electrons, they can spin away from their initial orbit and enter a wider

magnetic field. No one owns them or has a proprietary right to dictate how they will be used.\"

David Lehman; quoted in the \"Cassell Dictionary of Contemporary Quotations\" (1996)]

Isn\'t it a wonderful comparison?

A great weekend to all of you!

Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 22:33
English
+ ...
Nora, I like it ahelluvalot. Feb 16, 2003

There\'s a quantum biology out by Francesco Varela that is an outrageous improvement on dear but dusty Darwin - I dream of quantum grammar.

Words do have souls of their own, though. I keep thinking of words like \"papillon\", which in French is both \"butterfly\" and \"bow tie\". So this soul is a soul of shape or form.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Words and electrons

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »