Off topic: How is that for a Saturday wakeup...
Thread poster: Irene N
Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 17:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2007

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/irina298/?action=view¤t=933e0c85.flv

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
Saturday? Oct 27, 2007

I wake up this way every morning

Barbara Micheletto
Barbara Micheletto
Italy
Member (2005)
Russian to Italian
+ ...
Same here... Oct 27, 2007

every morning, 6 o'clock in the morning...
Thank you for sharing.

B.

teju
teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Loved it! Oct 27, 2007

I'm a cat lover too, so I enjoyed watching this, it was very funny. I wish my cats would wake me up like that, unfortunately, if I leave my bedroom door open at night, I would never get any sleep. I have two cats, and they run races at night (go figure). They come barging into my bed, one chasing the other, and run all over me really fast, jumping in and out of the bed. It's a scary way to wake up. So now the door stays closed. They patiently wait outside my door for me to come out every day.... See more
I'm a cat lover too, so I enjoyed watching this, it was very funny. I wish my cats would wake me up like that, unfortunately, if I leave my bedroom door open at night, I would never get any sleep. I have two cats, and they run races at night (go figure). They come barging into my bed, one chasing the other, and run all over me really fast, jumping in and out of the bed. It's a scary way to wake up. So now the door stays closed. They patiently wait outside my door for me to come out every day.
I wonder what kind of mischief they get into while I sleep...
Collapse

eesegura
eesegura  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hilarious! Oct 27, 2007

Thanks for sharing, that was great!

Liz

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Awesome - the true character of cats Oct 27, 2007

Highly recommended animated cartoon. Keep your cats away while watching!!
Thank you so much, Irene.
My screaming laughter made my current freelance office cat raise her eyebrow.
Who did it? I like the style of drawing.
teju wrote:I wish my cats would wake me up like that..

Really? Even the part with the baseball bat?!
Only one out of my 3 cats may enter the bedroom overnight and she uses subtle ways of waking me up. Just a bit of tickling the face with her tail or squeezing herself into holes who were formed overnight...
Those sneaky sweetie pies.

Grinning like a Cheshire cat
Steffi

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Exactly... Oct 27, 2007

At my house it is the same, just need to add TWO DOGS to the cat... The three of them make a great team.

great! I have to email it to my husband (hope my cat doesn't see the part with the bat...)

[Edited at 2007-10-27 19:06]

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Loved it! Oct 28, 2007

I laughed out loud. Unfortunately, Mr. Jones, my orange tabby, was alerted by the sound of my laughter on this otherwise-quiet early Sunday morning, and saw the last half or so. I guess I'll have to hide the baseball bats!

Thanks for sharing that one, Irene.

Mira Stepanovic
Mira Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
Hehe... Oct 28, 2007

Fortunately we don't have a baseball bat. However, our cat has developed a strategy that works perfectly at 5 am every day: he keeps pushing off things from tables, shelves, etc. onto the floor all until someone finally decides to get up and give him food. Of course, he did not realize that we switched to winter time this morning so I've been up since 4 am
... See more
Fortunately we don't have a baseball bat. However, our cat has developed a strategy that works perfectly at 5 am every day: he keeps pushing off things from tables, shelves, etc. onto the floor all until someone finally decides to get up and give him food. Of course, he did not realize that we switched to winter time this morning so I've been up since 4 am

Irene, I loved the cartoon, thanks for sharing!
Collapse

Clare Barnes
Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Purr-fect Oct 28, 2007

Thank you - that's made my day (I once had a cat who could turn on the lights when he though it was time for us to get up in the morning...).

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Beautiful! Oct 28, 2007

My cat took it further: Licking my foot soles (I'm hysterically ticklish). Unfortunately she got overly enthralled by this technique (it always works) and applies it 4 am Monday morning, 3 am Thursday morning, a.s.o.

A baseball bat would at least give me a good excuse to fall back asleep...

Thanks, Irene!!! Would you be interested in taking my cat while I am on vacation? =)

Irene N
Irene N
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi everyone Oct 28, 2007

Nicole Schnell wrote:

Thanks, Irene!!! Would you be interested in taking my cat while I am on vacation? =)

Hi Nicole,
Currently I have 5 under my wing - 2 + 2 of the friend of mine who is in Mexico for a week, and the mother of one of them who lives in that common courtyard for several years now (we finally spayed her, otherwise she was suffering the consequences every 4-5 months and was as thin as a fishing rod. Her last litter is in good homes and she is 5 times fatter:-). Nicole, yours are next, no problem and welcome:-)

I keep laughing myself... Glad you've enjoyed it! And live through it a bit more often than I'd like to:-)...

[Edited at 2007-10-29 00:22]

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
No trespassing! Oct 28, 2007

That's exactly what my cats have done, once.

Then, I put a large poster on my door, in English, French and Spanish:

Private proprety.
No trespassing.
No cats aloud.
They'll be shot and their furs sold.

As they perfectly read those 3 languages, I sleep OK.

The rest of the day, they can do whatever they want with me.
I love them a lot.

teju
teju  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not the part about the bat!!! Oct 29, 2007

Tuliparola wrote:
teju wrote:I wish my cats would wake me up like that..

Really? Even the part with the baseball bat?!Steffi

Noooo Steffi, not the part about the bat. I looooved the purring, kneading, walking all over you, attention-getting tactics. When my husband goes on business trips, I leave the bedroom door open, and it's nice when they behave. If they are coming in to cuddle and sleep, it's Ok. If they are chasing each other like maniacs, that's when I shoo them away and close the door.

[quoteJuan Jacob wrote:
As they perfectly read those 3 languages, I sleep OK.[/quote]

Juan, my cats are bilingual, but they don't speak any of those human languages, they meow and they bark and growl (feline and canine languages). That's it. Your cats must be very gifted. And they read too! I'm very impressed.

teju

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
That's why my husband says we can't have a cat! Oct 29, 2007

I'm still laughing after playing the video through three times!

My husband makes feeble excuses about what to do with a cat when we're travelling, but the neighbours are great about the pot plants and greenhouse!

Maybe they would stop watering the tomatoes if the cat treated them like that...

I still miss Dusty, Dilly, Feather, Caesar, Cinnamon and Tiggy, and most of all Jemima... who could have been the model for that cat!

I nursed her as a ki
... See more
I'm still laughing after playing the video through three times!

My husband makes feeble excuses about what to do with a cat when we're travelling, but the neighbours are great about the pot plants and greenhouse!

Maybe they would stop watering the tomatoes if the cat treated them like that...

I still miss Dusty, Dilly, Feather, Caesar, Cinnamon and Tiggy, and most of all Jemima... who could have been the model for that cat!

I nursed her as a kitten inside my jumper until she decided the outside world was more fun. She was intimidated by pheasants in the garden in Northumberland, but chased anything on four legs - from baby rabbits to the sheep in the next door field!

She lived to teach my son that animals need to be left in peace sometimes... but love playing ball when in the mood. At the age of 22 she curled up and fell asleep one night, and forgot to wake up next morning.

Way to go!
I must explain to the neighbours about cats...
Thanks for sharing, Irene!

[Edited at 2007-10-29 17:47]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is that for a Saturday wakeup...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »