Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:29
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2007

Although I am limiting my holiday/New Year's greetings to a friendly e-card for most of my clients, I have a couple who have been wonderful who I would like to send a bottle of wine or something to. They're in Europe and I (unfortunately) am not. Anyone know of a good on-line place which will send stuff 'round Europe without bankrupting me?

Nizamettin Yigit
Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:29
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Check this Dec 3, 2007

Hi,

I have not used any such services. But check this.
www. gift. be

It seems they are well organized. And there are high and low priced items.

Good luck,

Nizam

French Foodie
French Foodie  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
where in Europe? Dec 3, 2007

Hi Juliana,

I do this every year, but the other way 'round (France to Canada) , for friends and family to save on postage costs - one year I spent 150 euros on postage alone before I got smart!
Try to order from sites that are based in the country of the person you are sending to in order to save on shipping costs - for example, amazon.co.uk for England, amazon.fr for France, etc.
This has saved me an enormous amount of money.
If you could tell us what countries yo
... See more
Hi Juliana,

I do this every year, but the other way 'round (France to Canada) , for friends and family to save on postage costs - one year I spent 150 euros on postage alone before I got smart!
Try to order from sites that are based in the country of the person you are sending to in order to save on shipping costs - for example, amazon.co.uk for England, amazon.fr for France, etc.
This has saved me an enormous amount of money.
If you could tell us what countries you wish to send to, I can perhaps offer a few suggestions.
Collapse

Drozjp
Drozjp  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 19:29
English to Japanese
Depending on what type of wine you'd like to send Dec 4, 2007

Howdy!
I actually have no idea when it comes to alcohols (I'm allergic to them) but
everything depends on what type of wine you plan to send someone in EU.
If you wanna send something "exotic to them", the websites below might be g
... See more
Howdy!
I actually have no idea when it comes to alcohols (I'm allergic to them) but
everything depends on what type of wine you plan to send someone in EU.
If you wanna send something "exotic to them", the websites below might be good places to shop.
http://www.drinkupny.com/
http://www.calwine.com/

but if not, you'd better follow what Mara says. That way, you don't have to spend big bucks
on shipping (I'll tell you. It's super expensive these days. I was gonna pass out at a post office
this morning when I went down there to send a package (approx. 3.6 kg) to the states!).
Happy holidays

[Edited at 2007-12-04 07:40]
Collapse

Janet Doyle
Janet Doyle  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
euro vino Dec 4, 2007

Hi,
I also send gifts, often wine, to friends and family in Europe when I'm in the States. My favorite site in the UK is:

www.virginwines.com

For Ireland, I use shops I already know [ordering online], but most good sources in other countries will also obviously have websites of their own.

Cheers,

Janet

Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:29
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Dec 7, 2007

I am now trying to make up a list, and organize my online shopping...:(. It's hard not to worry about how things will look when they arrive, and I'm a bit of a control freak in that sense.

Anna Maria Augustine (X)
Anna Maria Augustine (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
Gifts but at the last minute Dec 24, 2007

Hi!

I caught this topic late but depending on what you can afford then there is zchocolate.com who ship anywhere with DHL (fixed under $14 I think) and chocolates vary in prices. Then costs depend on what other services you'd like them to do. It's French but all in English too. They offer a great service.

Best...

Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ordering gifts for Europe online

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »