Off topic: Renting an apartment in Firenze from June 27, 2008 to July 28, 2008
Thread poster: Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL

Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 16, 2007

My husband is going to take a Summer course in Firenze and we're looking for an apartment to rent for this period. It's the two of us plus our 4-year old boy.

His course will be at Via delle Casine, so something in the area would be nice.

We've never been to Firenze, so any tips would be appreciated.

We've been checking some sites and have some apartments in mind already. But I've just thought that maybe there is somebody here that can give me some "local" insight.

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

ICL  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Possibilities Dec 17, 2007

Hi Adriana,

I don't live in Firenze, but it's one of my most admired cities in the world, so I couldn't help reading your message.

I have some suggestions, which may help, who knows, though hopefully you will get soon enough the "local" help you requested:

1) I sometimes have found interesting rental deals in Europe through ( ), though for a shorter/holiday rental period. But maybe you could find something there as well (you need to register in the website to request info. from owners of properties).

2) Here in you have an "exchange" area ( ), where people sometimes post offers for property rentals. You could post a short message there.

3) Maybe you should post your message in the Italian forum, because here in sometimes for questions like this you can get more help when you ask in the corresponding country's language forum.

Best of luck anyways,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renting an apartment in Firenze from June 27, 2008 to July 28, 2008

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs