Tania Marques-Cardoso  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:53
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 18, 2003

Hello, everyone!

I just want to tell you all that I\'ve changed my name in my profile, so that postings previouly signed by Tânia Cardoso are now signed by Tânia Marques.

I\'ll explain: though my full name is Tânia Marques Cardoso, I\'ve been called Tânia Marques since the beginning of my career as a journalist, in the 80s.

It happened that, when I filled up .proz profile about three years ago, I entered Marques as middle name and Cardoso as family name. I never liked the result, but recently it really got to my nerves.

Radical freudians should know that both names come from my father. (Just kidding.)

All the best for you all!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Name change

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search