Thread poster: Tania Marques-Cardoso

Tania Marques-Cardoso  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:33
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 18, 2003

Hello, everyone!

I just want to tell you all that I\'ve changed my name in my profile, so that postings previouly signed by Tânia Cardoso are now signed by Tânia Marques.

I\'ll explain: though my full name is Tânia Marques Cardoso, I\'ve been called Tânia Marques since the beginning of my career as a journalist, in the 80s.

It happened that, when I filled up .proz profile about three years ago, I entered Marques as middle name and Cardoso as family name. I never liked the result, but recently it really got to my nerves.

Radical freudians should know that both names come from my father. (Just kidding.)

All the best for you all!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Name change

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs