Off topic: The last episode of the Sopranos: who actually understood what happened?
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore

Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:56
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Feb 7, 2008

I saw it last night and I am still puzzled. Go on, TV series addicts, give us some clues...

[Edited at 2008-02-07 19:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
Please, no spoilers! Feb 7, 2008

I'm not following Sopranos -Gianni, you may remember that I am a loyal Lost fan- but upon the request of an overwhelming majority of overly concerned site users, I'd like to kindly ask you not to post any spoilers.

Thank you for your understanding!

Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Ooops, sorry! :) Feb 7, 2008

Özden Arıkan wrote:

I'm not following Sopranos -Gianni, you may remember that I am a loyal Lost fan- but upon the request of an overwhelming majority of overly concerned site users, I'd like to kindly ask you not to post any spoilers.

Thank you for your understanding!

Since the last episode was broadcasted in USA last June I assumed it was safe enough to call for clues... but clearly I didn't think about series "split'n'shifts" all around the world!

My apologies to all... I believe I still can receive opinions and stuff via mail, can't I?

Cheers Özden!

By the way, I wonder why people who don't want to hear spoilers bother to click on threads like this...

[Edited at 2008-02-08 07:14]

Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 18:56
German to English
Here's a link Feb 7, 2008

Here's a link to a discussion of the final episode.
http://www.slate.com/id/2163797/

Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 8, 2008

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Here's a link to a discussion of the final episode.
http://www.slate.com/id/2163797/

Thank you Kevin, will check it out
G

Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
What TV station was it on? Feb 8, 2008

Hi Gianni

I'm presuming you watched this in English from your home in Italy (I looked on yr profile) since you posted in English and not on the Italian forum...

So what TV station was it on?

I'd love to be able to watch some TV in English here in the Pianura Padana .... but all I can get is BBC Prime (subscription) and I got fed up with all the repeats

Thanks - Isabel

PS Sorry is this is a bit off topic

Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Isabel Feb 8, 2008

Isabel Booth wrote:

Hi Gianni

I'm presuming you watched this in English from your home in Italy (I looked on yr profile) since you posted in English and not on the Italian forum...

So what TV station was it on?

I'd love to be able to watch some TV in English here in the Pianura Padana .... but all I can get is BBC Prime (subscription) and I got fed up with all the repeats

Thanks - Isabel

PS Sorry is this is a bit off topic

Actually I have watched it in italian, I recorded the show which was broadcasted on Mediaset Premium (digitale terrestre). As long as english channels in Italyare concerned, you are right, there is very little choice. I have tuned my sat on hotbird 13°, and it's all french and german speaking channels mainly. Perhaps you could give Sky a try, I think you can choose original audio settings. Good luck! Gianni

PB Trans

Local time: 23:56
French to English
+ ...
Can't post spoilers so my reply will be vague Feb 8, 2008

I was just as puzzled as you. I think the finale left thing opens for a possible film or even a show for Meadow.

I did find this link interesting, especially the part about the religious imagery: http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

[Edited at 2008-02-08 13:40]

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:56
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
take the cannoli Feb 8, 2008

"Leave the gun, people. Take the cannoli.

And then fuhgeddaboudit."

PS. Thanks for the link Pina

Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Pina Feb 8, 2008

Pina Broccoli wrote:

I was just as puzzled as you. I think the finale left thing opens for a possible film or even a show for Meadow.

I did find this link interesting, especially the part about the religious imagery: http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

[Edited at 2008-02-08 13:40]

Great link!
Cheers
Gianni

Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Thanks Gianni Feb 11, 2008

I was sort of hoping you'd managed to get freeview BBC / ITV via sat ... with a big sat dish perhaps!

Oh well, I dream on

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The last episode of the Sopranos: who actually understood what happened?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums