Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:00
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

Friends,

youtube has started to become an important element in www, given that it sometimes becomes prey to fake informations like all other source of information. I have been away from Turkey for more than 9 years right now and wanted to have a nostalgic evening yesterday. Fire of Anatolia, a Turkish dancing group, has modernised the turkish folkloric dance and readapted to our contemporary taste. For me, it was quite a taste, for this reason I have thought you might enjoy it as we
... See more
Friends,

youtube has started to become an important element in www, given that it sometimes becomes prey to fake informations like all other source of information. I have been away from Turkey for more than 9 years right now and wanted to have a nostalgic evening yesterday. Fire of Anatolia, a Turkish dancing group, has modernised the turkish folkloric dance and readapted to our contemporary taste. For me, it was quite a taste, for this reason I have thought you might enjoy it as well.

Are you looking forward to it? then visit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkM2x_fXisE

Enjoy your watch!

Binnur

[Edited at 2008-02-08 08:39]
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Go live! Feb 8, 2008

Hi Binnur,

Thank you for sharing the YouTube link. If you like them, they tour extensively in Europe, and given your location, you can enjoy them live in Belgium soon... well, in May, actually. Just click the "Tour Programme" link at the bottom of the page:

http://www.fireofanatolia.com/EN/index.html

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for sharing Binnur! Feb 9, 2008

It must be something fantastic live. And Öz, that was a very informative website! Pity it isn't as complete as it should be.

One good turn deserves another. When I was a kid, my mother took me to see the Singkil, the so-called "Muslim Wedding Suite" of the Filipinescas. You have a kind of watered-down version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_EWyqu_ck

Whe
... See more
It must be something fantastic live. And Öz, that was a very informative website! Pity it isn't as complete as it should be.

One good turn deserves another. When I was a kid, my mother took me to see the Singkil, the so-called "Muslim Wedding Suite" of the Filipinescas. You have a kind of watered-down version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_EWyqu_ck

When Leonor Orosa-Goquinco first choreographed it, she actually had a swordfight-martial arts duel going on between those poles as well. But that was a hard act to follow...
Collapse

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren
Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And you, parrots (Cecilia?) and Özden Feb 11, 2008

With pleasure, I have consulted the links....Thank you both!!!

Regarding Bahariyan, that parrots (Cecilia?) sent: it is really interesting and it reminds me how beautiful it is to have differences (food for me the most obvious, as I always diversify my food with Indonesian, Thai, Chinese, Eritrean (also Ethiopian), Indian, Turkish and European - also various- (actually some more in this list, and would appreciate if I knew more tastes).

Thank you both as well. Özden, I
... See more
With pleasure, I have consulted the links....Thank you both!!!

Regarding Bahariyan, that parrots (Cecilia?) sent: it is really interesting and it reminds me how beautiful it is to have differences (food for me the most obvious, as I always diversify my food with Indonesian, Thai, Chinese, Eritrean (also Ethiopian), Indian, Turkish and European - also various- (actually some more in this list, and would appreciate if I knew more tastes).

Thank you both as well. Özden, I have been planning to suprise my husband. This concert in Belgium will be the most appropriate one for my purpose: Years back he had surprised me with my professor at the university by producing two flight tickets to Zambia during our wedding anniversary.

Lovely regards before I turn back to my translation assignment...

Binnur
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Burning the Anatolian fire for the anniversary! Feb 11, 2008

Whoa, what a lucky man!

My best to you both

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another dancing: Fire of Anatolia

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »