Off topic: A hotel in London
Thread poster: biankonera

biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:55
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2008

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a reasonably priced hotel in London? Ive looked at so many options that made my head spin so I would really appreciate any advice and tips on this matter.:) Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:55
Dutch to English
+ ...
London Mar 2, 2008

It's a big place, so where do you need/want to be exactly? What price range do you have in mind? Would that be a hotel with or without breakfast?

I go to London quite often for work/studies - I'm back there again in April and May, for example - so may be able to assist.

Debs

[Edited at 2008-03-02 16:36]

Latvia
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
somewhere central Mar 2, 2008

Id like to be somewhere central (all the districts of London seem a bit confusing to me so I cant really name any having never been there). As for price range - Id say a maximum of 100 pounds per night.

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
Many Mar 2, 2008

£100/night? Jesus! Check anywhere around Russel Sq. (£40 a very descent double) and everything (Covent Garden, Piccadilli Circus, Oxford st., Trafalgar Sq......................) 30 min. walk max. Ask more if you want.

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Agreed Mar 2, 2008

Rad Graban wrote:

£100/night? Jesus! Check anywhere around Russel Sq. (£40 a very descent double)

I usually stay in the Bloomsbury/Russell Square area. If you want a small hotel, there are a number of them along Cartwright Gardens (a quaint curved lane just off Marchmont Street). But if you don't mind a large, tower-like hotel it's hard to beat the pricing at the Royal National. It's not elegant, but it's clean and functional and very affordable by London standards.

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Corus Hotel, Lancaster Gate Mar 2, 2008

Last weekend I stayed at the Corus Hotel, Lancaster Gate, immediately north of Hyde Park and close to Lancaster Gate tube station (Central line) - very convenient and pleasant, about £60 per person per night including vast breakfast.
Best of luck,
Jenny.

tinageta  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:55
English to Latvian
+ ...
Hotels Mar 2, 2008

Check londontown.com for deals - you can even get a Hilton for 100 pounds. Why stay in 2 or 3 stars if you can get 4 or even 5 for the same or almost the same price? ')

In any case choose a hotel in the first or the second zone and close to an underground station.

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Regent Palace, 50 metres from Piccadilly Circus Mar 2, 2008

was very reasonable (Oct 2004) @ approx. £ 55/night (breakfast expensive though).

No transportation outlay!!

Bets

Mats Wiman

Sybille  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
What about Mar 3, 2008

bed and breakfast

Look here: http://www.happy-homes.com

You will be living in a family and it will not be as expensive as in a hotel.

I did it in 2005 and me and my husband were very satisfied.

Kind regards

Sybille

Latvia
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Mar 3, 2008

Thanks so much for all these wonderful suggestions!:) Now it makes my life much more easy indeed.

[Edited at 2008-03-03 12:36]

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Here's a map with cheap hotels Mar 3, 2008

http://images.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hotels-london.de/map/london_town.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hotels-london.de/map/london_town.htm&h=408&w=595&sz=41&tbnid=gXZN1g5nFNnXHM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=135&prev=/images?q=london+map&um=1&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

Rosemary Polato  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hotel in London Mar 5, 2008

For the first days, stay at an EasyHotel at 25 pounds per night (double bed, LCD TV and bathroom - similar to a train cabin - very modern and clean). Site: easyhotel.com. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A hotel in London

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs