Mobile menu

Off topic: Japanese Yam Cake (Ita Konnyaku)
Thread poster: KorTranz

KorTranz  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
English to Korean
+ ...
Mar 16, 2008

I found Japanese yam cake very interesting. I heard this is really good for loosing weight!! I tried to make it at home, but I must be missing something. Does anyone know how to make "Ita Konnyaku"? I would really really appreciate it if you could enlighten me with some cooking instructions. THANKS!!

[Edited at 2008-03-16 14:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:01
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Cookbook? Mar 21, 2008

Hi KorTranz,

I love to cook Japanese and Korean food, but I am a complete amateur, so maybe a food Web site like Chowhound or eGullet would be a better source of information.

Here is some information I found (I read this blog regularly):

I don't know if you want to make the cake itself, or use the cake in a recipe.

Where are you in the US? Recently I found konnyaku noodles (tofu shirataki) at Wild Oats/Whole Foods. Do you live near a Super-H, my new favorite grocery store? If they don't have it, no one will!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese Yam Cake (Ita Konnyaku)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs