Débora D'Eramo
Débora D'Eramo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:45
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Apr 3, 2008

Hi everyone...
I'm sorry that I have to post this subject again but I couldn't solve this problem, and no one seems to have an answer.
When I try to send messages with Outlook Express 6, I get the following error message:

El mensaje no se pudo enviar, uno de los destinatarios fue rechazado por el servidor. Su dirección de correo electrónico es "xxx@xxx". Asunto 'xxx', Cuenta: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.ar', Servidor: 'smtp.ciudad.com.ar', Protocolo: SMTP, Respuesta del servid
... See more
Hi everyone...
I'm sorry that I have to post this subject again but I couldn't solve this problem, and no one seems to have an answer.
When I try to send messages with Outlook Express 6, I get the following error message:

El mensaje no se pudo enviar, uno de los destinatarios fue rechazado por el servidor. Su dirección de correo electrónico es "xxx@xxx". Asunto 'xxx', Cuenta: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.ar', Servidor: 'smtp.ciudad.com.ar', Protocolo: SMTP, Respuesta del servidor: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. Relay denied for ip: 201.212.82.226 (#5.7.1)', Puerto: 25, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de servidor: 553, Número de error: 0x800CCC79

I've tried ticking the box My server requires authentification, to no avail. I've spoken to my ISP provider, but they don't know why Outlook suddenly stopped sending e-mails (this happened two days ago, until then it worked perfectly). Please, if anyone has an idea of what's going on, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

PS My operating system is Windows XP and my ISP is Flash (cablemodem).
I have problems with 2 Yahoo accounts (free) and one Arnet account (paid).

[Editado a las 2008-04-03 16:32]
Collapse

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Local time: 09:45
English to German
... Apr 3, 2008

I googled around a bit and it seems that you're not the only one with this problem. Microsoft has a website dealing with the issue, perhaps you'll find a solution there:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx

If that doesn't help, try googling with the search terms "Outlook" and "553" either in your language or in English. Ther
... See more
I googled around a bit and it seems that you're not the only one with this problem. Microsoft has a website dealing with the issue, perhaps you'll find a solution there:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx

If that doesn't help, try googling with the search terms "Outlook" and "553" either in your language or in English. There are dozens of websites in my language (German) dealing with the issue.
Collapse

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 08:45
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Yahoo issue? Apr 3, 2008

It might be the ISP's fault.

I have had similar problems on and off over the last couple of weeks. (My original ISP has been bought up and merged so many times, but has ended up in the hands of Yahoo.)

I could narrow it down to the fact that only certain replies would not be sent. Messages originating from me went out fine. I just didn't sent direct replies to mails but created new messages - that worked.

I called the ISP, who after some futile exercises
... See more
It might be the ISP's fault.

I have had similar problems on and off over the last couple of weeks. (My original ISP has been bought up and merged so many times, but has ended up in the hands of Yahoo.)

I could narrow it down to the fact that only certain replies would not be sent. Messages originating from me went out fine. I just didn't sent direct replies to mails but created new messages - that worked.

I called the ISP, who after some futile exercises such as creating a new account etc. said that they were implementing lots of changes and that hopefully by the end of March that should be over.

I don't remember the last time an e-mail got stuck in my outbox, but it might very well have been after March 31. But the last two days, I think, everything worked fine.

I remember seeing some Yahoo ad where they announced a whole bunch of "new and exciting changes"...
Collapse

Thorson
Thorson
Local time: 09:45
Danish to English
Try using your isp's mail server Apr 6, 2008

Looks like they're blocking access to outside servers. Also try unchecking the SSL box in Outlook Express.

You can either bypass by using a different port or just use your isp's mail server for sending e-mail. You can send e-mail using their server no matter where you receive your e-mail--just because you receive your e-mail at Yahoo doesn't mean you have to send your e-mail through Yahoo. Just ask your isp for the address and login info of their mail server.

I would
... See more
Looks like they're blocking access to outside servers. Also try unchecking the SSL box in Outlook Express.

You can either bypass by using a different port or just use your isp's mail server for sending e-mail. You can send e-mail using their server no matter where you receive your e-mail--just because you receive your e-mail at Yahoo doesn't mean you have to send your e-mail through Yahoo. Just ask your isp for the address and login info of their mail server.

I would also recommend that you change to Thunderbird from Outlook Express--much more efficient and advanced, and installation is simple--it automatically imports your e-mail and accounts from Outlook Express.

[Edited at 2008-04-07 10:10]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Still having trouble sending e-mails with Outlook Express 6

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »