Thread poster: Sebastijan Pilko
Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 07:43
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Apr 23, 2008

Hello!

I am looking for an Office QA check/verify tool. I have a lot of big Word files with tables, formatting etc. The problem is that when a translator opens such a crappy file when after the translation when problems in a word file emerge, I need some kind of a report that the send file was not OK in the start.

Translating small word file is no problem, but when working with large and complicated files, such a tool would be of great assistance.

Edit: I a looking for a similar feature like XML verify ...

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

[Edited at 2008-04-23 14:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Star tool Apr 23, 2008

http://www.star-group.net/star-www/description/formatchecker/star-group/eng/star.html

For xml, you can use http://www.exchangerxml.com/

Antonin Otahal

Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 24, 2008

I use XMLSpy for XML but for Word I had no idea where to look.

Thank you!

P.S.: I check one random document with this checker - over 2000 errors in one file.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

[Edited at 2008-04-24 08:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word QA check?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs