Word count in Excel
Thread poster: mschisler
mschisler
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 17, 2003

I need to count the words in an Excel file, and the Statistics in the Properties option does not give me any info. I am copying and pasting the columns in a Word file. Is there a better way? Thanks,

Magali

Direct link Reply with quote

kostan
Austria
Local time: 10:55
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Wordcount in Excel Apr 18, 2003

The only way I have found is the one you use already, i. e. copying into a word

doc. Alternative: get Practicount or a simlar software, which enable you to count in all sort of files. Good luck.

Valpeter

Quote:

On 2003-04-17 20:48, mschisler wrote:

I need to count the words in an Excel file, and the Statistics in the Properties option does not give me any info. I am copying and pasting the columns in a Word file. Is there a better way? Thanks,

Magali

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
German to English
+ ...
Save as Word Apr 18, 2003

If you try to open the Excel doc in Word, it will give you the option of converting to Word - that way you won\'t have to cut and paste. Then just convert the table to text and count away. If the columns go off the page, go to Page Setup/Paper Size and choose Landscape rather than Portrait under Orientation.

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:55
English to Russian
+ ...
Word count May 17, 2006

I use the following procedure:

1. Open xls-file in Excel
2. Save as HTML
3. Analyse HTML in TRADOS Workbench

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Excel

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs