Mobile menu

Recover lost changes in MS Word
Thread poster: PPW
PPW
English
May 6, 2008

Hi,

I'd be grateful if anyone thinks there might be a way to solve this other than redoing the work...

While editing a Word document using Track Changes (Word 2007, Mac version), I inadvertently seem to have accepted & saved all of the changes before closing it, so that I'm now just left with the final version.

Does anyone know how I might retrieve a previously saved (temporary file?) version?

I'll also say that I've already checked to see if they were merely hidden, but they have in fact all been wiped.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Direct link Reply with quote

PPW
English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it! May 6, 2008

I still had a copy of the original unedited document, so I was able to just use Word's "Compare Documents" feature. It didn't recover any comments I left, but all the edits were now highlighted.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recover lost changes in MS Word

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs