printing problem (lines, poor qiuality)
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 17, 2008

My printer/scanner is 6 months old (Epson).

I use original or refilled cartridges (no difference in the problem).

I have cleaned every which way, including manually, but still get lines across the page, so bad that basically printing is a waste of time.

Any ideas what I can/should do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Clean print head May 17, 2008

Sadly, this is an all-too-common problem with printers of the Epson type, which use a print head that stays in the machine even when you change the ink cartridge.

It often seems to be caused by a blocked print head — this can be caused by lack of use, allowing an ink cartridge to run right out before replacing, and (at least according to original cartridge manufacturers!) using 'inferior' refilled or non-OEM cartridges.

You can get cleaning fluid for cleaning print heads, but in the case of my own Epson, that didn't work, and I had to pay a computer shop to clean them for me. However, that didn't prove a long-term solution, and the next time it occurred, rather than pay 2 × repair bills which came to more than a new printer, I'm afraid I binned it and bought a new printer — but this time of a make not prone to this particular problem (which I'm pleased to say has now been working perfectly for over 5 years!)

[Edited at 2008-05-17 15:20]

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

It suddenly got better ...but thanks for the tips:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

printing problem (lines, poor qiuality)

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs