Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 09:30
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 15, 2008

I am experiencing some rather annoying changes in Word while working in a document containing nothing but text. The font of some words or paragraphs is blue and I see them in blue until a scroll down or up the page, or even until a mouseover, when they all turn brown-red. The same thing happens when I change my active window for a moment, for instance to check my e-mail.

If I just select the word by clicking on it, it turns blue again, but will only remain blue until I scroll down a
... See more
I am experiencing some rather annoying changes in Word while working in a document containing nothing but text. The font of some words or paragraphs is blue and I see them in blue until a scroll down or up the page, or even until a mouseover, when they all turn brown-red. The same thing happens when I change my active window for a moment, for instance to check my e-mail.

If I just select the word by clicking on it, it turns blue again, but will only remain blue until I scroll down again. I tried to send such a file to a friend, and she didn't see any words in blue, but only in red. I also tried to make a screen capture, but as soon as a mouse comes over it, the color changes on screen, although the color listed in Format/Font/Font Color IS blue.

I have tried to solve this "WYSIWYG" problem, but nothing seems to work. Any clues or suggestions?

I use: Windows XP Professional SP2 & Office XP Professional (Word 2002-SP3)
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Christina Jul 15, 2008

In my opinion this happens to some formatting or style of the text (you can see them by clicking Format >Show format).

If you don't need all these colors, I would suggest copying everything into a new file or highlighting all text and selecting font options that you need (black color, etc.)

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:30
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
memory Jul 15, 2008

Check you RAM. Extend/replace. Serious.

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
RAM & Show Format are fine Jul 15, 2008

To Natalie: I checked with Format>Reveal Formatting and the Font Color displayed there is Dark Blue, but the text itself is still displayed in Dark Red in the Reveal Formatting window :-/

To Sergei: My computer is brand new with 4 GB RAM. The fact is that this problem is only experienced in Word, which does not seem to like blue colors, unlike me...

I wonder if this might be caused by an add-on or any other option that should not be selected. I just noticed the same beh
... See more
To Natalie: I checked with Format>Reveal Formatting and the Font Color displayed there is Dark Blue, but the text itself is still displayed in Dark Red in the Reveal Formatting window :-/

To Sergei: My computer is brand new with 4 GB RAM. The fact is that this problem is only experienced in Word, which does not seem to like blue colors, unlike me...

I wonder if this might be caused by an add-on or any other option that should not be selected. I just noticed the same behavior in Excel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word: erratic font color changes

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »