Replacing words with accents in SPN>Eng excel text
Thread poster: Juliana Starkman

Juliana Starkman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

I was doing some "pre" work last night on a Spanish-English Excel text and wanted to use the replace function to save some time. The problem is, I can;t cut and past terms into the Replace window and can;t write the accented characters in either. Help please!

Direct link Reply with quote

FarkasAndras
Local time: 12:47
English to Hungarian
+ ...
solution Jul 25, 2008

Strange, I can both type accented chars and past into the excel S&R box.

Anyway, you can
- Try using the alt + number codes, see here: http://tlt.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html

- Copy the contents of your table to MS word or anything that can edit text and do the search and replace there, then copy/paste back to excel.

- Save the table as a CSV or TXT in excel, open with text editor, resave, open with excel.

Ruth Wöhlk  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:47
Spanish to German
+ ...
Excel text - replace function Jul 25, 2008

Hi Juliana,

I don't think there is any posibility for that, I'm trying since many time to find a solution. The only way is to write the words once and use the copy-and-paste functions you've got in the Excel-menu or using the right mouse-clicks.

If somebody has a solution, I would like to know it either.

Yours

Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Replacing words with accents in SPN>Eng excel text

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs