How do I view segments on Word 07?
Thread poster: dalji
dalji
Canada
Local time: 19:42
English to Korean
Aug 8, 2008

Hello,
I've just received my first task from the company. They sent me the word documents that are apparently segmented and told me to translate on top of the segments(?). The instruction of viewing the segments came but it was for the MS2003 (Korean version). I use MS Word 2007(English version).. Any help would be appreciated!! Oh, and what is TM?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:42
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Could you please be more precise? Aug 10, 2008

Do you mean you got a text segmented as when using a CAT tool?
Or are you expected to use Wordfast/Trados or any other tool?

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Hidden text? Aug 10, 2008

dalji wrote:
The instruction of viewing the segments came but it was for the MS2003 (Korean version). I use MS Word 2007(English version).

Some programs that create bilingual segmented RTF files put the source text and tags in hidden text format. To see it, you have to enable hidden text view. Use the Help function in MS Word to find the setting for viewing hidden text. If I remember correctly, you have to press that round button thingy top left and then select some or other advanced activation or some such thing.

Well, I assume this may be what you're after, but there's no telling.

Oh, and what is TM?

Something the client assumed you knew something about, and you don't. The client should have been more careful. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_memory

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I view segments on Word 07?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs