Mobile menu

ADobe CS4 is out...
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 18:13
English to German
+ ...
Sep 30, 2008

Help! this means all CAT tools vendors will redesign their tools and another era of price escalation begins. This seems to have no end. I just wanted to share my opinion. BR Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which kind of price escalation do you mean? Sep 30, 2008

Even if I also do not like having a new version of a tool every year, this does not change so much for most of us.
So what price escalation? For InDesign user? Not necessarily, as similar to QuarkXPress or other DTP tools a lot of our customer will need long time until they will be using this version.

BR
Jerzy

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CAT tools.. Sep 30, 2008

Hi! Especially Trados and other industry leading tools will certainly redesign everything and very soon there will be newer version with newer workings and hence also cost higher price and there will certainly be newer Plug-ins and the whole discussion begins. I was generally indicating this. Ah not to forget the quark 7.3 edition comes with almost 500 plug-ins and loading the program itself takes it´s own time in addtion to upgrading the older quark files to the lastest finishing. Lately I had one such sitution of a long term qxd program of upgrading older archives done in e6.2 and 6.5 to the latest edition. I had purchased it at €uro 1300,- but the load to support that investment was not there, so investment losses onthat deal. But generally I am referring to CAT tool vendors. I am sure CS4 is a much better edition compared to those in the past. BR Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ADobe CS4 is out...

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs