Mobile menu

A weird problem with MS Word - dancing toolbars!
Thread poster: Pavle Perencevic
Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:11
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2008

I recently installed Trados Workbench and Multiterm. I'm not sure if there's a causal link here, but soon after that MS Word (from Office 2003) started acting a little strange. All of a sudden, some of the gray fields in the Standard and Formatting toolbars (font, font size and zoom) begin to flicker, as if dancing This does not happen all the time. So far I haven't been able to detect any particular pattern to it in terms of when this tends to happen. I've tried different tacks to get rid of the problem, but nothing seems to work. Anybody had this problem before? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 11:11
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I met the same problem Oct 23, 2008

Hi Pavle,

I met the same problem, and I want to know how to get rid of it too.

Pavle Perencevic wrote:

I recently installed Trados Workbench and Multiterm. I'm not sure if there's a causal link here, but soon after that MS Word (from Office 2003) started acting a little strange. All of a sudden, some of the gray fields in the Standard and Formatting toolbars (font, font size and zoom) begin to flicker, as if dancing This does not happen all the time. So far I haven't been able to detect any particular pattern to it in terms of when this tends to happen. I've tried different tacks to get rid of the problem, but nothing seems to work. Anybody had this problem before? Thanks!

Dallas Cao
China
Local time: 11:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
dancing! Oct 23, 2008

I come in to see some high-tech strippers:) Can they do some lap-dance?

[Edited at 2008-10-23 07:38]

Chris Lancaster  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:11
Spanish to English
Same here Oct 23, 2008

I've got exactly the same problem (same version of MS Word, too)

Pompeo Lattanzi
Italy
Local time: 05:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem with Word 2000 Oct 23, 2008

Coincidence, it started soon after I installed Trados Synergy.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A weird problem with MS Word - dancing toolbars!

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs