LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:17
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 19, 2008

This may have been posted before.

I am still using Word 2003, but from time to time I receive documents in Word 2007 and I cannot find anything (the interface is very confusing). I found this handy utility on-line. It displays a Word 2003 screen. You simply click on the feature you want to use (such as Print, for example) and the program shows you where to access that feature in 2007.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/asstvid.aspx?assetid=XT100766331033&vwidth=1044&vheight=788&type=flash&CTT=11&Origin=HA100744321033

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 11:17
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Download version of the utility Dec 19, 2008

Many thanks.
I once used this utility when I started using Office 2007 in my PC.
The uility is in the downloaded version. It is quicker to compare menu of Word 2003 and Word 2007.
It is available from Microsoft Knowledgebase/MS Office online helps.
Though, your recommendation is far more dynamic than mine.

Soonthon L.

Giedrius Ramasauskas  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 07:17
Member (2007)
English to Lithuanian
how to Dec 19, 2008

Hi,
Just click the MS office sign (in the circle) in the very top left corner of the screen. In the drop meniu there are some features, including Print.

Giedrius

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:17
Flemish to English
+ ...
Buy Office2007 Dec 19, 2008

It's interface is much more user friendly and you can save Word,Excel, Access, Powerpoint-files in 97-2003-format. It works with TradosSdlx v8.0

[Edited at 2008-12-19 11:23 GMT]

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
Not quite that easy Dec 19, 2008

Williamson wrote:

It's interface is much more user friendly and you can save Word,Excel, Access, Powerpoint-files in 97-2003-format. It works with TradosSdlx v8.0

[Edited at 2008-12-19 11:23 GMT]

I replaced my work and non-work computers with an iMac and a Macbook. The Office that you buy for OS X is 2008, and is the Mac version of 2007. Trusting compatibility (never a good thing to do with software), I did a project consisting of replacing Japanese text in a PPT file with English. Simply LOADING the file changed some of the numbers in the file to asterisks. I had to get an Office 2004 so that I can work with my client and there haven't been any weird conversions.

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:17
Flemish to English
+ ...
Mapple adept? Dec 20, 2008

Ah, you are a mapple person and an adept of Steve Mobs.
http://watchthesimpsonsonline.com/movie/440-2007_Mypods_and_Boomsticks.html

But seriously, vista and office 2007 don't give any problems at all. More and more customers will use 2007, so why not buy it, especially if your purchase is tax-deductible.

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
No name calling please :-) Dec 20, 2008

Williamson wrote:

Ah, you are a mapple person and an adept of Steve Mobs.
http://watchthesimpsonsonline.com/movie/440-2007_Mypods_and_Boomsticks.html

But seriously, vista and office 2007 don't give any problems at all. More and more customers will use 2007, so why not buy it, especially if your purchase is tax-deductible.

These are the first Macs I bought and I'm quite happy with them. I am not part of a religion.

I did buy 2007 - actually its Mac version 2008. I just can't use it as my customers are using the older version.

Actually, I use OpenOffice on the Macbook, and it works great, too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find Print and other features in Word 2007

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs