Mobile menu

No top and bottom margins in Word 2003
Thread poster: Karin Maack

Karin Maack  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:10
English to German
Mar 11, 2009

Suddenly the top and bottom margins in the standard document have disappeared and I can't get them back although it is 2,5 cm in the formatting menu.
At first I thought the reason might be an update for my CAT -tool (MetaTexis) but seemingly this is not the case.
Has anyone any idea what could have happened?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Just one mouseclick...? Mar 11, 2009

Hi Karin,
In Page Layout view, move your mouse over the top edge; when you see two arrows, click. That should do it...

HTH, Ralf

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't Mar 11, 2009

Ralf, I have tried that. But those two arrows simply don't appear!

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
don't panic Mar 12, 2009

Margins don't disappear just like that. Ralf's suggestion SHOULD work. In my Word (no idea which year) these marks look more like horizontal square brackets, and they appear between consecutive pages when the margins (and consequently any footers/headers) are supressed.

If you go Print Preview, you should be able to see the page with its margins.

Csaba

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
found it Mar 12, 2009

I misunderstood Ralf and tried to find the double arrow on the top edge of the side ruler (or whatever this thing is called). Now I've simply fumbled around the document and then discovered those two arrows or square brackets you mentioned. Thanks to both of you. I must have blanked it out accidentally.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No top and bottom margins in Word 2003

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs