Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 09:17
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2009

Dear all,

Please don' t blame me if this issue has been treated before on this forum and help me sort out the following problem.

In Word 2003 I used many simply though practical built forms for translation of standard documents such as birth certificates, driving licenses etc.

For all kind of similar documents I had a template containing input boxes for variable values. I simply opened such a template, clicked the padlock icon from the forms toolbar and the
... See more
Dear all,

Please don' t blame me if this issue has been treated before on this forum and help me sort out the following problem.

In Word 2003 I used many simply though practical built forms for translation of standard documents such as birth certificates, driving licenses etc.

For all kind of similar documents I had a template containing input boxes for variable values. I simply opened such a template, clicked the padlock icon from the forms toolbar and the cursor jumped immediately to the first box to be filled. I filled the necessary information there and subsequently used the tab-key to jump to the next box and so on.

Once finished, I clicked again the padlock icon, selected all (Ctrl+a) and with Ctrl+Shift+F9 managed to remove the input fields and my document became definitive.

Is it possible to do this trick in Word 2007?
Which is the best way for making similar forms in Word 2007?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion or instruction which could help me use this same function in Word 2007.

Best regards,
Sherefedin
Collapse

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 03:17
English to Spanish
Activate the Programmer tab Apr 5, 2009

You have to toggle on the Programmers tab. Click on the Office button and select Word Options. In the dialog box check the Show Programmers Tab... checkbox (It's the third checkbox on top). Click OK. Now you will have access to the form commands under the new tab.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2003 forms in Word 2007

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »