https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/18697-problems_with_comments_function_in_office_2003.html

Problems with Comments Function in Office 2003
Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
German to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I have the latest version of Office 2003, which has an improved comments function - of course, the older Office versions also had the comments function, but in 2003 this has been slightly modified, so that comments are somewhat clearer.

My problem: Now and again I write comments in Word and Powerpoint. I have found that these comments were not visible to colleagues with older versions of Office. As far as I can recall, this problem only occurred in Powe
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have the latest version of Office 2003, which has an improved comments function - of course, the older Office versions also had the comments function, but in 2003 this has been slightly modified, so that comments are somewhat clearer.

My problem: Now and again I write comments in Word and Powerpoint. I have found that these comments were not visible to colleagues with older versions of Office. As far as I can recall, this problem only occurred in Powerpoint and it's kind of annoying because it means that all the comments have been entered for nothing.

1. Is this problem known? and 2. Is there any way of getting around it?

Thanks in advance for any input.

All the best,

Sarah Downing
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:55
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
View / Print view Feb 23, 2004

Be sure your colleagues are using Print view. Comments are not visible in Normal view.
Best regards
Andrzej

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Slight correction to Andrzej: Feb 23, 2004

This should be "Layout view" AFAIR. Or maybe it was so in XP and previous versions, but has changed in 2003?

Kind regards
Jerzy

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think it's a problem of views Feb 23, 2004

I assume that both of you are referring to views in Word, because I can't find any of these view in Powerpoint (2003, German version), which is the program with which I am experiencing the problems.

I seriously think that it is a compatibility problem, because when I had Win 2K and a colleague sent me a Powerpoint document, I couldn't see the comments either.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Comments Function in Office 2003

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »