https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/19715-how_to_accept_track_changes.html

How to accept Track Changes?
Thread poster: Eva T
Eva T
Eva T
English to Albanian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2004

Hello,
I translated a text and my editor made the changes by using Track changes. But how do I accept or reject them? I appreciate your help.
Eva

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:17
German to Romanian
+ ...
try right clicking on a change Mar 25, 2004

a pop-up menu should appear, where you should be able to select "Accept all changes" or "Reject changes".

If this doesn't work, you can right click on the toolbar of word and select the corresponding toolbar for "Reviewing", where you should have some "Track changes"-related buttons.

HTH

[Edited at 2004-03-25 11:47]

Eva T
Eva T
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Elvira Mar 25, 2004

but how to accept them all at the same time? I tried what you said, but I can only do it one by one.
Thank you again.
E

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:17
Latvian to English
+ ...
There should be at least 2 options Mar 25, 2004

Eva

I don't know which version of Word you are using, but in Word XP you have to click on the 'Accept change' icon on the Reviewing toolbar, then click on the arrow next to the icon and it will give you the option of choosing 'Accept change' (ie. individually) or 'Accept all changes in document'. As far as I remember, in Word 2000, this option is under 'Tools' 'Track changes' 'accept/reject changes' (or something to that effect).

HTH

[Edited at 2004-03-25 13:22]

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:17
German to Romanian
+ ...
Jana is right Mar 25, 2004

There are different options: one for accepting changes individually and one for accepting them all at once. Which word version do you have?

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:17
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not sure if this would help Eva Mar 25, 2004

Hi Eva,
I found the following tips through Microsoft Office Assistance, even though I am not sure which Microsoft version you have. I hope this helps though.
Ditën e mirë,
Monika

How do I get rid of my revisions?

To get rid of tracked changes and comments, you need to accept or reject the changes and delete the comments. Here's
... See more
Hi Eva,
I found the following tips through Microsoft Office Assistance, even though I am not sure which Microsoft version you have. I hope this helps though.
Ditën e mirë,
Monika

How do I get rid of my revisions?

To get rid of tracked changes and comments, you need to accept or reject the changes and delete the comments. Here's how:

1 On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Reviewing.

2 On the Reviewing toolbar, click Show, and then make sure that a check mark appears next to each of the following items:

Comments

Ink Annotations (Word 2003 only)

Insertions and Deletions

Formatting

Reviewers (Point to Reviewers and make sure that All Reviewers is selected.)

If a check mark does not appear next to an item, click the item to select it.

3 On the Reviewing toolbar, click Next to advance from one revision or comment to the next.

4 On the Reviewing toolbar, click Accept Change or Reject Change/Delete Comment for each revision or comment.

5 Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the revisions in the document have been accepted or rejected and all the comments have been deleted.

Note If you know that you want to accept all the changes, click the arrow next to Accept Change, and then click Accept All Changes in Document. If you know that you want to reject all the changes, click the arrow next to Reject Change/Delete Comment, and then click Reject All Changes in Document. To remove all comments, you must delete them. Click the arrow next to Reject Change/Delete Comment, and then click Delete All Comments in Document.

[Edited at 2004-03-25 15:45]
Collapse

Eva T
Eva T
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Mar 29, 2004

Thank you ELvira, Jana and Monika.
I appreciate your help, it helped me very much.
I could not find the option of accepting them all, so I accepted them one by one. It wasn't that bad, because there were not a lot of changes.
Without your help, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Eva

Casey Butterfield
Casey Butterfield  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
help with track changes Mar 29, 2004

[quote]Eva T wrote:

Thank you ELvira, Jana and Monika.
In case this is of help to you in the future, the way I get rid of "Track Changes" in a document is with the useful "select all" function. Just use the ctrl shortcut for select all (ctrl-a in the English version of Windows), and click on "accept changes".

Good luck!

Casey

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to accept Track Changes?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »