Thread poster: James Calder
James Calder
James Calder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2004

Does anyone know how to do a word count in Access? I have Total Assistant but it doesn't recognise mdb files. I think you have to convert the document into Word but I have no idea how to do this. Many thanks.

Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
try Practicount Mar 28, 2004

If I'm right, Practicount should do a proper word count in Access.

Go to http://www.practiline.com/ and check this out.

Good luck.
Saskia

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:15
English to German
+ ...
Export Mar 28, 2004

You could write a sophisticated Access VBA macro to count the words, but it would be much simpler to export the tables as text.
(Right click on the table, select Export, select anything with the extension .txt as file type).

Instead of exporting you could also select the columns in the table and copy them via the clipboard into Word.

This way you could apply the counting criteria of Trados, Word, Déjà Vu or what ever seems to be an appropriate standard.

[
... See more
You could write a sophisticated Access VBA macro to count the words, but it would be much simpler to export the tables as text.
(Right click on the table, select Export, select anything with the extension .txt as file type).

Instead of exporting you could also select the columns in the table and copy them via the clipboard into Word.

This way you could apply the counting criteria of Trados, Word, Déjà Vu or what ever seems to be an appropriate standard.

[Edited at 2004-03-28 17:15]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Access

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »