How to adjust width of all text in Word 2002
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

I had generated a Word-doc from pdf using pdf-converter. After removing all images and section breaks I find, that many paragraphs strech out beyond the page border to the right, even in normal view. I highlighted all text and tried to adjust the margin but it does not help. Is there a faster method than adjusting every single paragraph by clicking in the horizontal ruler.
I realise now, that I should have done the conversion using Finereader, but after spending much time with the doc and after translating already a quarter of it (44 pages all) I don't want to start from scratch.
Is there a simple solution?

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try this Apr 13, 2004

I have Word in Italian, so I'm not sure what the titles will be. Anyway, go to the far left side of the toolbar and click on "File". In the drop-down menu, go to a button called something like "page layout". In the box that opens, go to the tab that says "margins". Simply type in reasonable margins for the left and right sides of the page (for example, 2 cm). By default, it should say "apply to entire document", but if you have section breaks you might want to check. This option should be on the lower right side. A sample page is shown with an example of what your selected margins will look like. Obviously, click "OK" to finish.
Hope this works!

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

What I suspect... Apr 13, 2004 that your converted text may be enclosed in textboxes. Various converters often place text in textboxes. Could you please check if it is the case?

[Edited at 2004-04-13 10:36]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to adjust width of all text in Word 2002

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs