How do I do a word count in powerpoint?
Thread poster: syllvia
syllvia  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:01
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2002

hi,

does anyone know how to do word count in powerpoint?

thanks

s.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxschwensen  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:01
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Look in Properties Apr 5, 2002

Well, I\'m not sure it\'s called \'Properties\' (in \"Files\", up left) in English... I hope so.

This is the only way I have been able to see the word count of the PowerPoint files I have translated (the \"original\" number / source words).

Hope it helps.

Anna

Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
here you go Apr 5, 2002

Click on \"File\", then go to \"properties\" (I have it in Italian and it\'s called \"proprietà\". From there, click on the tab for \"Statistics\" and you\'ll find all the counts you need, including words.

Good luck!

Cécile Trotin
English to French
+ ...
Use T-window for PPT Apr 5, 2002

It seems that you have trados. With T-window for PPT, in the menu Trados, select \"Extract text\". This will extract all the text of your document into a .txt (or a similar format. Convert your .txt file into .doc or .rtf and run word count with Trados.

Cécile
[addsig]

xxxDel01
German to Spanish
+ ...
save as RTF Apr 5, 2002

Instead of using T-Window you can also save the .ppt file as .rtf under \"File\" > \"Save us\" and then open it and count words and characters from Word.

Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Previous thread Apr 6, 2002

Hello, just thought I\'d direct your attention to a previous thread from 18th May this year in the Tech Support forum, title: \"Word count function in PowerPoint - True or False?\", which also discusses this subject in some depth.

Pro Lingua  Identity Verified
German to Slovak
+ ...
Take care about embedded files Apr 6, 2002

The word count of PowerPoint (MS Office 97) does not count embedded text boxes or tables from Word or Excel. You have to count them separate and add them to the PowerPoint words to receive the total number of words.

Erika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I do a word count in powerpoint?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs