Finereader's tables
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jun 9, 2004

Hope this is the right forum for this question.
As many of you I use Finereader 7.0 for scanning pdf and images.
When Finereader puts text in tables, the text does not flow according to the cell borders, but the paragraph runs to the right all the way, so only the first words are visible.
I have tried all formatting tools but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:31
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Try formatting the paragraphs Jun 9, 2004

It may be that the paragraph formatting is wrong. Select the cells, open the paragraph formatting window and set right indent to 0. Of course, you do that in Word, not FineReader.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Select the whole table Jun 9, 2004

Open the formating for paragraphs (via format menu) and set al available values to 0 (zero).
With the menu "Table" select the "Table properties" and check on the first page of its properties the "Advanced" tab (or similar, I have only german Word). Check if the values are not to big there.
Still in "Table properties" check, if the lines are not "fiexd" to a specifi height.

BTW I moved this to "Office applications", as it does not affect CAT tools in any way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finereader's tables

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs