Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:53
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jun 9, 2004

Hi!
Hope this is the right forum for this question.
As many of you I use Finereader 7.0 for scanning pdf and images.
When Finereader puts text in tables, the text does not flow according to the cell borders, but the paragraph runs to the right all the way, so only the first words are visible.
I have tried all formatting tools but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:53
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Try formatting the paragraphs Jun 9, 2004

It may be that the paragraph formatting is wrong. Select the cells, open the paragraph formatting window and set right indent to 0. Of course, you do that in Word, not FineReader.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Select the whole table Jun 9, 2004

Open the formating for paragraphs (via format menu) and set al available values to 0 (zero).
With the menu "Table" select the "Table properties" and check on the first page of its properties the "Advanced" tab (or similar, I have only german Word). Check if the values are not to big there.
Still in "Table properties" check, if the lines are not "fiexd" to a specifi height.

HTH
Regards
Jerzy

BTW I moved this to "Office applications", as it does not affect CAT tools in any way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finereader's tables

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs