Thread poster: Luca Tutino

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:20
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 18, 2004

When I try to open a xls file, or click directly on the Execl.exe file, I get Excel's splash screen and then the computer goes out of memory or freezes.

I tried to disinstal and reinstall Excel, and I tried to start Excel directly from the CD: the result did not change.

I have Win ME + MS Office 2000 Pro on a Pentium III with 128Mb RAM (it isn't much, I know it).

SOLUTION FOUND!
I have finally found a soution: after appending a .txt extension to the file C:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftExcelExcel.xlb, Excel could start regularly (Excel.xlb was automatically recreated. Good night!

[Edited at 2004-06-18 01:48]

[Edited at 2004-06-18 01:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Suddenly I cannot start Excel anymore ->Solution found

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs