Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
How to convert text into image in a word file?
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 19, 2004

Hello all,

I'd like to convert some parts of a large Word file into image.
These parts are in Arabic caracters and I'd like to fix them as image not text, to be visible on a PC that doesn't support Arabic language.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:50
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Font embedding Jun 19, 2004

linadia wrote:
These parts are in Arabic caracters and I'd like to fix them as image not text, to be visible on a PC that doesn't support Arabic language.

Word has an option that allows viewing texts correctly even in case when the fonts are absent in the computer where the file is opened. Go to Tools > Options > Saving and check the boxes "Embed TrueType fonts" and "Do not embed system fonts". Remember, that you should check this option every time when you save another file as it is unchecked by default.

Another good option (maybe the best one) is converting the file to PDF.

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Printing Jun 19, 2004

Go to File/ Print and under Printers select "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

Toledo

linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The person who will recieve the file wants Arabic text in image format Jun 19, 2004

Natalie wrote:

Word has an option that allows viewing texts correctly even in case when the fonts are absent in the computer where the file is opened. Go to Tools > Options > Saving and check the boxes "Embed TrueType fonts" and "Do not embed system fonts". Remember, that you should check this option every time when you save another file as it is unchecked by default.

Another good option (maybe the best one) is converting the file to PDF.

Thank you Nathalie,

But actually the person who will recieve the file wants all Arabic text in image format and in doc not PDF.

linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Couldn't find it! Jun 19, 2004

Toledo wrote:

Go to File/ Print and under Printers select "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

Toledo

Thank you Toledo,

But I didn't find this printer. All I found was the printers I installed myself.
Is that a utility in Word and do I install it?

Thanks again

mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:50
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Use clipboard Jun 19, 2004

Press PrintScreen button to store current screen into Windows Clipboard (or Alt+PrintScreen to store just active window) in the bitmap format. Then use any graphical editor (for example Microsoft PhotoEditor), paste stored image and then save it into any format you want (.bmp, .jpg,...)

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Ups! it seems... Jun 19, 2004

...this function is only available on Word 2003.

Sorry

The other option with screenshots is good too.

Toledo

linadia wrote:

Toledo wrote:

Toledo

Thank you Toledo,

But I didn't find this printer. All I found was the printers I installed myself.
Is that a utility in Word and do I install it?

Thanks again

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
There is this little trick I use all the time... Jun 19, 2004

The trick is really simple:

Select the part of the text you want to convert. Copy it to clipboard. From Word use Edit/Paste Special and paste as Picture. Copy this picture again, use Edit/Paste Special again and you have much more options now:

EMF gives the best quality, but I am not completely sure it will produce the required effect (the text might be saved as font, not as curves) - you should check it out.

PNG, JPG, GIF - these options, however, give you bitmap images, so they should transfer easily. Note, however, that sometimes the images are flawed (e.g. some letters are missing) - you have to look closely.

Shang
China
Local time: 16:50
English to Chinese
Paste Special Jun 19, 2004

Copy the text you want to convert, and choose Paste Special from Edit menu to convert the text into image.

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you Jabberwock Jun 19, 2004

This little trick works well for me, only I have to change Chinese characters into "Arial Unicode MS" font before.

Jun

[Edited at 2004-06-19 12:28]

Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:50
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Use Powerpoint Jun 19, 2004

Dear Nadia,
You can copy the pages you want in Powerpoint. You open a new blank document and paste it in it then save it as jpeg file.

Hope it helps

Sabry

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can scan it as image Jun 19, 2004

I have done this in the past... Just scan, and when prompted to save as, chosse jpeg, and that's that!

All other options are good too!

Best of luck

Rufino

linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Copy and paste special + Power point Jun 19, 2004

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

Thank you Jabberwock, Shang and Chance:
I think I will go for copy and paste special as I have many quotations in Arabic and screen shots might take more effort.

Thank you SabryGameel:
I will also try Power Point.

Thank you Rufino,
Scanning is a good idea too but it will take time.

Thank you all for your brilliant ideas.

Nedzad Selmanovic
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat + Image converting program (such as ACDSee) Jun 19, 2004

If you have not provided Adobe Acrobat (full version) yet, it is now the time to get it. Upon coopletion of installation, Acrobat will become a part of your office applications, and will give you the power of converting your MS office files into .pdf format.
After you are done with Acrobat, convert the .pdf output file into a graphic format (using a graphic editing tool such as ACDSee or similar, i.e Photshop) more convenient for inserting into a desired MS Word document.

This is how I did it.

good luck

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert text into image in a word file?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs