Word Count in Microsoft Visio
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2004

I have created and translated an organisation chart of 20 pages. Well, I will not be paid for creating the chart in Visio. In fact I used it because it was much more easier compared to Word's organisation chart feature. The problem is that I don't know an easy way to count the words. One solution is to create a pdf file, then open it with FineReader and convert to word document. Any other solutions?

I have tried a new program, SysFilter for Visio. Well, it couldn't count the words in the organisation chart, but only the headings in all 25 pages. However, it seems an interesting program. It easily converted the visio file into a word document with pictures of the organisation chart. Thanks Wilhelm Polmann for providing me the program. You may learn more at

[Edited at 2004-06-21 13:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Count in Microsoft Visio

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs