Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 03:29
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2004

I have created and translated an organisation chart of 20 pages. Well, I will not be paid for creating the chart in Visio. In fact I used it because it was much more easier compared to Word's organisation chart feature. The problem is that I don't know an easy way to count the words. One solution is to create a pdf file, then open it with FineReader and convert to word document. Any other solutions?

-------------------
I have tried a new program, SysFilter for Visio. Well, it couldn't count the words in the organisation chart, but only the headings in all 25 pages. However, it seems an interesting program. It easily converted the visio file into a word document with pictures of the organisation chart. Thanks Wilhelm Polmann for providing me the program. You may learn more at http://www.ecm-engineering.de/engl/Prod_S4V.htm

[Edited at 2004-06-21 13:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Count in Microsoft Visio

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs