Mobile menu

Multilingual proofing tool
Thread poster: Anne76
Jul 6, 2004

I recently changed my desktop to a multilingual setup in order to be able to read all sorts of languages. Because I want to proofread European languages, I have installed MS Office Proofing Tools.
My problem is, when I open e.g. a Polish document, change the language setting in the Tools bar, run a spellcheck, all the words still show up underlined in red. I have to adjust the language word by word. I cannot imagine that's the way the spellchecker works. Anybody know what I do wrong?

Also, what would be a good proofing tool for European languages besides MS Office Proofing Tool?

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 14:21
"Select all" under Edit Jul 6, 2004

You can go to \"Edit\" and the \"Select all\" - all of the text will now be highlighted. THEN go to language and set the respective language, otherwise only the point the cursor is at will be set to the new language.

Thank you! Jul 6, 2004

Why couldn't I think of that myself??
Thanks for your help, Michael!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multilingual proofing tool

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs