Mobile menu

Disabling Complex Scripts in OfficeXP
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:50
German to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2004

I am experiencing some problems when running TRados with Word and I have found out that when I go to Tools/Options, there is a tab "Complex Scripts", which I suspect shouldn't be there (because it isn't on my second computer) and I think this is what is causing me problems. I am trying to get rid of this entry in the Tools/Options dialog (i.e. disable Complex Scripts), to see if that might solve my problem. However, it seems that I can't find any method to get rid of it. Thanks for any hints.

Direct link Reply with quote
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
+ ...
The complex script tab is added if your language settings include right to left languages Aug 8, 2004

From the Start menu, select Office Tools|Language Settings, and remove any language that you don't currently use. I suspect Arabic and/or Hebrew is currently selected. When you remove these languages, the complex script tab will go away.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disabling Complex Scripts in OfficeXP

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs