https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/23695-asigning_page_numbers_in_word.html

Asigning page numbers in Word
Thread poster: Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:02
Aug 10, 2004

The answer to this question is probably very easy, but at this point, I cannot find it anywhere, and I really need quick help.

I have a Word document that has no page 7. From page 6, it goes to page 8. This, in turn, causes the "insert page number" function (which I know hot to use) to work inadequately. I know that somewhere in Word there is a command to reasign the correct sequence to the pages, but I cannot find/do not remember where. Any suggestions?

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:02
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
One possibility Aug 10, 2004

This might help you Rosi,

Go to VIEW
Click on Header and Number
Click on Format Page Number
Click on Continue Previous Section

If this does not work, check other possibilities there (maybe clicking on Number Format will help as well)

Good luck,
Monika

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
Insert > page number Aug 10, 2004

Así de fácil, según yo.
Te pide además dónde quieres los números... arriba, abajo, izquierda, derecha... etc.
Suerte.

TOPIC STARTER
Monika, you are an angel! Aug 10, 2004

Yes! That fixed the problem. Thanks a lot, Monika! You can't imagine how grateful I am. I have been struggling with this document the whole day! I hope to repay such quick assistance somehow!
Thanks again!

TOPIC STARTER
¡Gracias Juan! Aug 10, 2004

Juan Jacob wrote:

Así de fácil, según yo.
Te pide además dónde quieres los números... arriba, abajo, izquierda, derecha... etc.
Suerte.

Eso es lo que ya sé hacer. Lo que ocurría era que no me insertaba los números en secuencia porque de la página 6 saltaba a la 8 y no me acordaba cómo corregir eso. Lo que no entiendo es la lógica de Word para poner en header and footer TODO lo relacionado con paginación cuando, según yo, debería ser más una cuestión de formato. En fin. Lo bueno es que ya lo resolví ¡y rapidísimo gracias a Proz!

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No problem Aug 10, 2004

Dear Rosi,
I am glad it helped. No need to repay me, remember, you helped me (Big Help!) just a couple weeks ago with finding a place for the Powwow (Thank You!). I am happy that we have such a wonderful place like ProZ.com where we can all help each-other. This is great. Hope to meet you soon again Rosi
Monika

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios wrote:

Yes! That fixed the problem. Thanks a lot, Monika! You can't imagine how grateful I am. I have been struggling with this document the whole day! I hope to repay such quick assistance somehow!
Thanks again!

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:02
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Unrelated comments Aug 10, 2004

Rosi,

Congratulations on your ATA certification!

Monica and the rest,

I hope everyone had a great powwow down on the national mall. I missed it by a couple of weeks. I'll be home in good ole Maryland by the weekend. It was nice meeting you at the Barcelona powwow las January. Hasta luego.

Edward

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Edward! Aug 10, 2004

Edward Potter wrote:

Rosi,

Congratulations on your ATA certification!

Monica and the rest,

I hope everyone had a great powwow down on the national mall. I missed it by a couple of weeks. I'll be home in good ole Maryland by the weekend. It was nice meeting you at the Barcelona powwow las January. Hasta luego.

Edward

I see you are reading your Chronicle!
If you are available and if you wish, it would be nice to get together for a cup of coffee (or some other drink)in the next few days. Better to comment on this via direct e-mails, and not through a Proz thread.

[Edited at 2004-08-10 18:16]

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Edward Aug 10, 2004

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios wrote:
If you are available and if you wish, it would be nice to get together for a cup of coffee (or some other drink)in the next few days.

Dear Edward,
Thanks for the nice words. Yes, we had a nice powwow. If you and Rosi agree, I would like to meet with you as well. Maybe we can have another little powwow or so. An old Albanian expression says: "It hurts to get beaten twice, but it does not hurt to eat twice". I will modify it and say: "... but it does not hurt to meet twice!"

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asigning page numbers in Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »