https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/23816-word_track_changes_urgent.html

Word Track Changes - Urgent
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:48
Aug 13, 2004

Colleagues,

In Word, does anybody know if there is a way to extract all track changes (from merged documents), in order to have them all together in a list or another document?

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
Print changes... Aug 13, 2004

RosaT wrote:

In Word, does anybody know if there is a way to extract all track changes (from merged documents), in order to have them all together in a list or another document?

RosaT,

Try to Print it:
When choosing what to print, choose the "List of changes" and how to print - "print to file".

You should get a list of all changes made.

[Edited at 2004-08-13 10:53]

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Can't find the option Aug 13, 2004

Hello Nash,

Many thanks for your quick reply!

However, I am afraid I can't find the "list of changes" option you mention, though. I guess you are referring to a drop-down list in the Print window, where you can choose Document, Comments, Summary, Styles, etc? I am using Word 2000.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Look under 'Print' Aug 13, 2004

Go to File > Print, look for an option 'list' in the dropdown menu in the lower left corner. Don't forget to check the 'print to file' box (you will be prompted for a filename.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
Word 2002 Aug 13, 2004

RosaT wrote:

Hello Nash,

Many thanks for your quick reply!

However, I am afraid I can\'t find the \"list of changes\" option you mention, though. I guess you are referring to a drop-down list in the Print window, where you can choose Document, Comments, Summary, Styles, etc? I am using Word 2000.

Yes, it's Print window and Print drop-down list of options... It consists of the following in my Word: Document, Comments, Document with changes, List of changes, Styles, Autotext elements.
I use Word 2002/XP, so may be you don't have this option... but I think it should be there...
One more thing: the English names for options may not be correct as I use Russian version and I just translated how I think they should be named, though it can't be a problem, I think.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Track Changes - Urgent

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »