Thread poster: Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
India
Local time: 16:16
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 16, 2004

I need to type in Hindi on my conventional english key board but cant figure out how to. I have downloaded the hindi fonts so I can read any text in hindi but can't type.
Help Please !

emanuela03 (X)
emanuela03 (X)  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
How to type in Hindi using an English Keyboard Aug 16, 2004

Hi,
You can do this by going to Control Panel> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options> Add Other Languages> Details, and adding Hindi to your language bar.
I hope this helps.
Emanuela

Ruchira Shukla
Ruchira Shukla
India
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no option for hindi Aug 16, 2004

emanuela03 wrote:

Hi,
You can do this by going to Control Panel> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options> Add Other Languages> Details, and adding Hindi to your language bar.
I hope this helps.
Emanuela

Thanks but Hindi is not included in the list of options !!
I know there is a way to type but am not too sure how.
any hindi translators out there help please !

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
First instal it Aug 16, 2004

You need to instal the font that you have dowmloaded. To do that go to Control Panel> Font> File> "Install New Font", when you get the prompt for new font, select the file that you downloaded. This will install the font on your system.

To use a True Type Font, select that font from the font list (for example, in MSWord, go to Format > Font and select the font). After this you can type Hindi text using English Keyboard. You can find which character correspond to which key by doing s
... See more
You need to instal the font that you have dowmloaded. To do that go to Control Panel> Font> File> "Install New Font", when you get the prompt for new font, select the file that you downloaded. This will install the font on your system.

To use a True Type Font, select that font from the font list (for example, in MSWord, go to Format > Font and select the font). After this you can type Hindi text using English Keyboard. You can find which character correspond to which key by doing some testing. Don't forget pressing Shift will give you a different character.

In MSWord you can also find some specific characters of that font by going to Insert > Symbol. Select the installed font and you will see whole lot of characters displayed. Select the character and press Insert.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

satish krishna itikela
satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
'You need some special softwares' Aug 16, 2004

Hello,

There are some special softwares with the help of that softwares you can type in hindi and other indian languages from your english keyboard.some of them are as follows :

1.I-LEAP OFFICE.
2.SHREELIPI.
3.SNASKRIT99.
etc.

like these many softwares are used to tpye hindi and other indian languages.

Hope this may help you.

Regards,
Satish.

pucoug (X)
pucoug (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
English to Hindi
+ ...
Step-by-step instructions Aug 16, 2004

Hello,

The following link shows you how you can install Unicode capabilities in your computer, and type Hindi.

http://www.bhashaindia.com/downloads/dhindi.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Prashant

Raj86 (X)
Raj86 (X)
Few tools for writing in Hindi Feb 20, 2013

You can also try one of these tools:http://is.gd/WcfqEd

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to type in hindi using a english keyboard

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »