Word's Tools - View default settings
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2004

I wonder how can I change the default settings in this Tools > View menu?
When I make the drawings visible (which includes text-boxes) and save the document, the next time I open it the drawings have again disappeared. How can I have them displayed by default?
I have searched the Word-help, but as usual to no avail.

This problem has bothered me for ages, any answer?

Direct link Reply with quote

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
are you using Wordfast? Aug 17, 2004

I don't know if this happens with Trados too or other templates, but Wordfast disables the drawings display to make the document "lighter" when processing.

I know sometimes it's a right PIA, especially when you need to see the drawings for the translation, but when there are too many, Word takes too much memory to handle the document and it's faster without them.

There doesn't seem to be any way to make the setting stick. Maybe only disabling the templates.

Russian to English
+ ...
May be you have another sort of problem. Aug 24, 2004

Some times if you have a lack of ram memory, MSWord may not show pictures at the start up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word's Tools - View default settings

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs