Mobile menu

Arabic spell check for Word
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 8, 2004

Hi all,

I have a multilanguage Office xp, it supports Arabic language, but it does not have a spell check.
I was told this comes separately.

Do you know how to add a spell check to Word documents written in Arabic?

Thanks
nadia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:51
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Microsoft Office Proofing Tools Oct 8, 2004

Hi Linadia,

I have checked my copy of the Microsoft Office Proofing Tools which I've mentioned in another thread.
http://www.proz.com/post/168844#168844
It includes Arabic in 10 different versions, i.e. with variations for 10 different countries, including Egypt.
You will find more information in the other thread and on the Microsoft website http://www.translation.net/msproofxp.html
The Proofing Tools come one 1 disk and they include thesauri, spell checkers and grammar & style checkers for approximately 50 languages. I have the 2003 version, but I believe there is also an XP version.
I don't consider myself an expert on MS products and someone else may well argue that if your version of Office supports Arabic, it should include a spell checker. But I have experience of the Proofing Tools and that software has served me well.

[Edited at 2004-10-08 08:07]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxahmedalsun
Local time: 14:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
Download Link for Arabic Proofing Tools Oct 9, 2004

linadia wrote:

Hi all,

I have a multilanguage Office xp, it supports Arabic language, but it does not have a spell check.
I was told this comes separately.

Do you know how to add a spell check to Word documents written in Arabic?

Thanks
nadia

Assalamu `Alikum
Hi Nadia,

As Anne pointed out, you need Microsoft Proofing Tools which is sold separately if your version of Office is not an Arabic one. You can download the Arabic proofing tools for Office XP from the below link. The size of the zip file (Arabic2000.zip) is about 3 mega.When you unzip the file, open the Instructions.txt file and follow it.

http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/Arabic2000.zip
the page is http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/id2.htm

Best Regards,
Ahmed Mohamed


Direct link Reply with quote
 
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 11, 2004

Anne Lee wrote:

I don't consider myself an expert on MS products and someone else may well argue that if your version of Office supports Arabic, it should include a spell checker. But I have experience of the Proofing Tools and that software has served me well.

[Edited at 2004-10-08 08:07]


Thank you Anne Lee for your kind reply.
I have Arabic-enabled Office but it doesn't have an Arabic spellcheck.

nadia


Direct link Reply with quote
 
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The link is good but there are missing files Oct 13, 2004

Ahmed Abd Elhamid wrote:

You can download the Arabic proofing tools for Office XP from the below link. The size of the zip file (Arabic2000.zip) is about 3 mega.When you unzip the file, open the Instructions.txt file and follow it.

http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/Arabic2000.zip
the page is http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/id2.htm

Best Regards,
Ahmed Mohamed


Hi Ahmed Mihamed,

Thank you so much for the link.

I downloaded the \"proofkit\" file for Office xp and followed the install instructions.
There were some missing files.

I turned to the \"Troubleshooting\" page and there was a tip about ignoring such files.
However, the spelling and grammar tool for Arabic was not installed.

I tried several times, but no use.
What do you think I should do?

Thank you

nadia

P.S. I posted this message before but it didn\'t appear on the site, don\'t know why.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now, thank you Ahmed Oct 13, 2004

Hi,

The link that Ahmed Mohamed posted here works fine now.
I manages to successfully install the Arabic Spellcheck tool.

Thank you again.

nadia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Inji ElAbd  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:51
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
Do you have this software for Office 2003? Feb 21, 2007

Dear All,

I have the same problem, the unvailability of an arabic spell checker, I am currently in Spain so it's a bit difficult to acquire one. Does anyone have a link where I can download the software for Office 2003 (for free if possible)?

Thanks and have a productive evening,

Inji


Direct link Reply with quote
 
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You will find the proofread tool on this link Feb 22, 2007

Hi Inji,

Try this:
http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/id2.htm

Best of luck,
Nadia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mustafa Fadhel
Local time: 16:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
proofing tools Arabic May 3, 2009

I were going through your nice informative conversation about Arabic proofing tools … I am having the same problem at my works as an Arabic Translator as I need this proofing tools to check for me and to do the job faster and more accurate.
I have been trying to get it on my new machine as I have the genuine winnow vista home and just bought a genuine Office 2007 Home … all in the hope that I might get an update from Microsoft without interacting for having a crack soft ware. And I have visited most big whole sale shops in Dubai UAE now and most of them they answer that this is a difficult first time question. “How come is it weird to ask for an Arabic corrector while we are in an alleged Arabic Desert
?!!!!”

Any way the site or link you are referring here is not working. And the proofing tools of our still not working but I think you can buy one language pack proofing for about $28. And install it but I am still in the looking for such. I even called Microsoft tech support in Dubai and Egypt and they were numb as all I met before. May be I am dreaming ….lol

Thanks for your help


Direct link Reply with quote
 
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try Microsoft Office website May 4, 2009

Hi Mostafa,

I understand how important it is to have a spell check when you're translating. However, I am not sure I know how to do it on vista. Have you tried the tools menu for an Arabic spell check? It is true that the link is not working. You can try looking yourself on Miscrosoft website: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/default.aspx
Good luck
Nadia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 13:51
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
The links are dead Aug 12, 2012

xxxahmedalsun wrote:

linadia wrote:

Hi all,

I have a multilanguage Office xp, it supports Arabic language, but it does not have a spell check.
I was told this comes separately.

Do you know how to add a spell check to Word documents written in Arabic?

Thanks
nadia

Assalamu `Alikum
Hi Nadia,

As Anne pointed out, you need Microsoft Proofing Tools which is sold separately if your version of Office is not an Arabic one. You can download the Arabic proofing tools for Office XP from the below link. The size of the zip file (Arabic2000.zip) is about 3 mega.When you unzip the file, open the Instructions.txt file and follow it.

http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/Arabic2000.zip
the page is http://www.zjzmpop.co.yu/id2.htm

Best Regards,
Ahmed Mohamed


Hello,

Can you be so kind as to send me the files or send me another link ?

Kind regards,

Mohamed


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Amal Dweik  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
Same problem Apr 20, 2013

The links are not working, maybe out of date by now, I would appreciate your help on finding more updated links

Many thanks


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic spell check for Word

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs