Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:02
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2004

Hi!

I just installed Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional and lost my Word 97. All other Microsoft Office programmes seemed to be allright. After uninstalling the Acrobat, the Word started functioning again. I really would like to have the Acrobat, but I definately cannot survive without Word.
I use Windows XP home edition.
Has anybody else had this kind of problem? Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Burrell

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexandra Kuzmina
English to Russian
You are not alone Oct 12, 2004

Hello Burrell

I have the same problem
Had Service Pack 1 with Word and Acrobat >> for a long time >>
but recently was needed up dating and installed Service Pack 2 with Excel and other programs so almost old programs are not working now including Adobe Acrobat >>> problem in Service Pack 2 >>> have read about that on BBC news >> so we are not alone >>>
I tried to delete Acrobat and install new version >>> all in vain with XP Windows >>>

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:02
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Service Pack or Word version Oct 12, 2004

Well, I have heard a lot of not very nice words about Windows Xp Service Pack 2 so I am still on Service Pack 1 where I intend to stay. At tleast I was able to revearse the damage done and by kicking out Acrobat get my Word back. Good thing I am just trying it out and have not bought it yet. I was actually wondering if installing later versions of Office could solve the problem.

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Over here it works! Oct 12, 2004

[quote]Burrell wrote:

I just installed Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional and lost my Word 97. All other Microsoft Office programmes seemed to be allright. After uninstalling the Acrobat, the Word started functioning again. I really would like to have the Acrobat, but I definately cannot survive without Word.
/quote]

I have ever had Word 97, first Acrobat 5 and then 6 and since 2 years Windows XP, and everything works fine!

P.S. Sorry, I wasn't aware you were talking about Acrobat Professional. I have only Acrobat Reader...

[Edited at 2004-10-12 16:31]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 97 not compatible with Adobe Acrobat

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs