Adding headers on certain pages, but not on others
Thread poster: Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
German to English
Oct 18, 2004

I am presently working on a job application. The first two pages are a cover letter. But, on pages 3 and 4 of the document, there is a CV with a header. I was under the impression that if I correctly put in a section break, I should be able to add this header-no problem. But what is happening is that when I add the header, it ends up on pages 1 and 2 where is doesn't belong. Or if I try to remove it from those pages, it disappears from all pages. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have to switch the connections between headers Oct 18, 2004

in the first and second section of the document.
On the header/footer tool bar there is a switch for it. I´m sorry, but I don´t know the english name of it, as I use only german Word. Translated from German it means simply "as previous". If it is switched, any change in this header/footer will be reflected by all previous (and connected) headers/footers.

Please bear also in mind, that:
- you can define sections to have different header/footer on the first page
- you can have header/footer for pages with pair/unpair numbers

Regards
Jerzy

Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jerzy Oct 18, 2004

Thanks, Jerzy. It worked perfectly. I just unclicked a button and presto! Thanks again.

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

in the first and second section of the document.
On the header/footer tool bar there is a switch for it. I´m sorry, but I don´t know the english name of it, as I use only german Word. Translated from German it means simply "as previous". If it is switched, any change in this header/footer will be reflected by all previous (and connected) headers/footers.

Please bear also in mind, that:
- you can define sections to have different header/footer on the first page
- you can have header/footer for pages with pair/unpair numbers

Regards
Jerzy

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:54
German to English
+ ...
THANKS! Oct 19, 2004

Thank you so much, Jerzy. This may sound dumb, but I've wondered about that a couple of times myself - now I know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding headers on certain pages, but not on others

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs