How to track changes in Powerpoint?
Thread poster: Jana Teteris

Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:24
Latvian to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2004

Is it possible to track changes in a Powerpoint document? I'm using MS office XP and there doesn't appear to be a function (as there is in MS Word). Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 15:24
English to Estonian
+ ...
Diff Doc Pro might be an answer Oct 19, 2004

Diff Doc Pro should be able to compare two Powerpoint files and indicate any changes. I have no personal experience, and at $399, it is far from free.

http://www.softinterface.com/MD/Diff-Doc-Standard_vs_Pro.htm

Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:24
English to Russian
+ ...
just might be possible... Oct 19, 2004

Jana Teteris wrote:

Is it possible to track changes in a Powerpoint document? I'm using MS office XP and there doesn't appear to be a function (as there is in MS Word). Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Jana,

please have a look at the Tools menu item, sub-item "Comparing and Merging Presentations" (this may vary as it is a back translation from Russian, I do not have an English-language MS Office version).

This may be useful (however, I would suggest making a copy of the file to use with this procedure as it is rather messy).

Hope this helps!

Victor.

Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:24
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Oct 19, 2004

As this was pretty urgent, I decided I didn't have time to try and work out how to use the 'compare documents' feature - but thanks for the suggestion.

In the end I used the 'insert comment' option, but I do wonder why Microsoft haven't come up with a straightforward 'track changes' feature.

aviloria  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Office 2003 Oct 19, 2004

The Track Changes feature has been included both for Excel and PowerPoint in Office 2003.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to track changes in Powerpoint?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs