https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/26224-setting_margins_highlighting_spelling_errors.html

setting margins /highlighting spelling errors
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2004

Windows XP
Word 2000

My 'toolbar'/'ruler' for setting and changing margins has disappeared.

Also the icon that I can click to show spelling errors underlined with a wiggly red line.

How can I restore tese settings?

TIA:-)

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
View menu Nov 1, 2004

Hi Ailish,

Ailish Maher wrote:
My 'toolbar'/'ruler' for setting and changing margins has disappeared.

On the top menu, go to View/Ver and click on Ruler/Regla so that it has a tick on the left.
That should show the ruler back. (If you were working with Wordfast, this might be the cause of the disappearance. You can change this option from within WF Menu - Setup - View).

Also the icon that I can click to show spelling errors underlined with a wiggly red line.

I'm not completely sure about this one, and don't know why it would disappear...
Anyway, click on the arrows for "Add or Remove Buttons" in Word Standard Toolbar and see that the "Spelling and Grammar" icon is ticked. Although I guess this triggers the Spell/Grammar checker not the "on the fly" checking (which should be set in the main spelling options in the Tools/Options/Spelling&Grammar/ Check spelling as you type).

Does this help?
Grace.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks G:-) Nov 2, 2004

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

Does this help?

Grace.

Right on on both counts...thanks:-)

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
most welcome :o) Nov 2, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:
Right on on both counts...thanks:-)

son aƱos!!!

G.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

setting margins /highlighting spelling errors

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »